We have a special connection, amazing sex, she’s submissive. I am usually very busy and don’t text much, but recently she has hit me with a comfort test that she thinks I don’t want to be with her: I never text her or check in on her etc.

The reality is that I hit her up nearly 95% of the time. She never initiates but does text back fast and enthusiastically.

I told her that she puts no effort into the relationship, and I find it ironic that she is telling me I’m the one neglecting her.

I told her I would appreciate some thoughtful reciprocation, effort etc. she said she doesn’t want to come across as clingy and intense. This was her “excuse” for her lack of effort.

Is this a legitimate excuse or some bullshit? Obviously I will have to keep tabs on her behavior after this talk, to decide.

Typically she views me as the leader and I plan everything. I only asked that she acted like a girlfriend more and not be so passive in the relationship (read: no effort) despite her otherwise great behavior.

I know some girls are naturally passive and some guys may say it’s a dream to have a girl who doesn’t bug the shit out of them, but she was the one who technically called me out for “neglecting” her etc etc

She then told me it’s complicated being with me she doesn’t understand my needs. I then told her that I don’t want to be with someone who isn’t happy to be with me, and she replied that she is very happy with me blah blah, only wants to be with me etc.

She basically acts like a great 10/10 plate but is inexperienced being a girlfriend. I’m her first real boyfriend (in adulthood). We are both 20. I just can’t tell if she’s genuinely inexperienced or taking me for granted. I think this is why it’s hard to treat her like a gf when she acts like a plate with me.