Hi all,

In an LTR of 8 months now. We are both around our fifties. Last weekend her and me did the bf/gf thing, I organized a roadtrip and took her around an area where we stopped at sightseeing spots etc. It was all good.

She has proclaimed various times over the weekend that I’m hot, she loves me, she adores me, etc...

Most of the time I react with the classic “I know” or, if she asks me what I think of her, I tell her I think she has a great sexy ass.

On one of the instances I told her she knows she is my number one. All standard stuff.

Yesterday I was supposed to sleep over at hers (we spent time together from last Thursday until yesterday morning), I was working at my home, things went sour professionally so I had to stay home until things got resolved. I call her after, tell her I just finished and that it’s too late to come over.

She reacts understanding, does the funny pouty lip and tells me she wants to us to sleep in the same bed. Given our private situations, sometimes we spend time apart, and I tell her I’m gonna plan something this weekend, because I will not stand for my gf not seeing me for 10 days.

She then proceeds to tell me she misses me. I tell her she is sweet. She says “well, I guess I’m the only one”. I tell her goodnight, and mid sentence she waves at me and I THINK she hangs up on me. As in, mid sentence. A bit stroppy.

And there I sit, a bit taken aback.

Of course, when in doubt, sit still. Or come here.

Part of me wants to call her and tell her I had a shitty night without her warmth and breathing next to me.

Or maybe acknowledge I sometimes am too cold and tell her she is safe with me.

Then again, that would be me reacting on her, perceived by me, hanging up on me.

What’s my play here?