h/t to u/_My2_Cents for the idea for this post.

The only women you owe anything to are wives. Until you are married, you don't owe a woman anything.

A prospective date, a Tinderella, a girl you're "talking to", a girl you're banging, a girl you're dating, even a girl you're seriously dating or a fiancee: You don't owe her anything.

You don't owe her a date or another date. You don't owe her particular treatment or expenditures on said date.

You don't owe it to her to stop dating or talking to other women just because you're dating her. You don't owe it to her to avoid other women just because you're dating her.

You don't owe her exclusivity, full disclosure, or honesty.

You don't owe her good conversation or lengthy disclosures about your life. You don't owe it to her to explain to her where you are or what you do when you're not with her. You don't owe it to her to disclose that you are or are not dating/banging other women. You don't owe her detailed discussions or disclosures about your job, your career, your finances, your standard of living, your leisure activities, or your future plans.

You don't owe her help, money, financial assistance, or to "help tide me over" until next month.

You don't owe her a relationship, a particular kind of relationship she wants, or a continued relationship. You don't owe it to her to see her, or to see her again, or to see her on some particular timetable or schedule. You don't owe her breakfast in the morning or a "enjoyed it" text" or a phone call.

You don't owe her an explanation why you made decisions about her. You don't owe her explanations why you don't want to see her, or why you don't want to see her again.

You don't owe her an explanation why you don't want a relationship, or why you don't want a particular kind of relationship, or why you don't want a particular kind of relationship with her.

You don't owe it to her to end the relationship the way she wants. You don't owe her "closure". You don't owe it to her not to ghost her. You don't owe it to her even to tell her "I don't want to".

You don't owe her a marriage proposal. You don't owe her a particular kind of marriage proposal. You don't owe her an engagement ring. You don't owe her a ring of a minimum carat. You don't owe her a proposal or a ring at all.

You don't owe it to her to remain engaged to her if you've decided that remaining engaged to her is not beneficial to you.

You don't owe it to her to go through with a marriage if you've decided that being married, or getting married, or being married to her is not what you want, or will not benefit you.

You don't even owe it to her to stay married to her if you've decided that a continued marriage to her is not benefiting you or has become detrimental to your physical, mental, or emotional health.

You don't owe it to her to continue doing, giving, or being anything that you have done, have given, or were. You may stop doing, giving, or being those things/activities at any time, for any reason you wish, and you do not owe an explanation why you stopped.

There's one main reason women can get men to feel as if they have all sorts of duties and obligations to women they're not married to: because they prevail on men's provisioning and protection instincts:

"It's a man's duty to give me what I need, because I am a wee widdle ol' girl. And men have to protect women. Men have to take care of women. If I need something, it's men's God ordained duty to give it to me/get it for me. If I am in trouble, it's men's absolute obligation to get me out of trouble. If I did something/made a decision and bad consequences are about to result from it, a man is REQUIRED to swoop in and stop the bad consequences, shield me from the bad consequences, and/or clean up/rectify/pay to fix the bad consequences."

There's one main tactic women use, and it's simply granting, withholding or denying sexual access:

Give me what I want/do what I want, and I will have sex with you/keep having sex with you.

If you do not/cannot give me what I want/do what I want, I will not have sex with you/stop having sex with you.

In almost all cases, what's the worst a woman can do? She'll end all contact with you and stop having sex with you. She will ignore any attempts you make to reestablish contact. Congratulations. You have now joined the ranks of assholes and jerks she will complain and bellyache about to her prospective husband.

She will probably tell all her friends about what a shitbag you are and how you done her dirty (translation: He wouldn't give me what I wanted when I wanted it. He would not do what I wanted him to do. He could not/would not give me the relationship I wanted when and how I wanted it.) She will Light-Switch Effect your relationship. She will lie about you, about your relationship, and about how and why it ended.

So what? So she stopped fucking you and won't talk to you anymore. Big fucking deal. Go get another one. Or not. Your choice. You have all the power here.

You do not owe her anything. Rest assured, gents: She doesn't view herself as owing YOU anything. Even when she's married to you, she won't consider she has any obligations to you. How many times have you heard women say "You're not owed sex!" Even wives are saying this to husbands: "Just because we're married, that doesn't mean I have to have sex with you. I am not required to have sex with you." Turn the tables on that: "Then I don't have to support you financially." That's another post, but suffice it to say here that if women don't owe you anything, you certainly don't owe them anything.

You don't owe her anything.