Female sexual attraction is a complex thing, and subject to change on a whim.

Most normal, healthy heterosexual women have a long-ass laundry list of prerequisites nailed into their hind-brain that trigger attraction.

A bunch of boxes that she's not even fully aware of, let alone in control of, that you're gonna have to check off before she'll want to sleep with you.

Tall? Check.

Broad shoulders? Check.

Full head of hair? Check.

Cool friends? Check.

Witty quips? Check.

Cocky attitude? Check.

A big one that doesn't get talked about much: Willingness to approach in the first place.

Approaching out of the blue isn't just important because it gets the ball rolling with women logistically. It's important because the act itself is characteristically masculine, and therefore intensely attractive to all women. It may seem counterintuitive, but the more weird or awkward the circumstances of your approach, the more friends and family members are with her, the more guys who are nearby who may or may not be dating her, the better off you are approaching her.

Women like balls, because they don't have any themselves.

Men (and women for that matter) are programmed to fear rejection, and with good reason. There's no term for it that I'm aware of, but for men, getting rejected by women in the presence of a social group (and thus other women) provides the opposite effect of pre-selection. Call it prelimination, if you will. Repeated public rejection outs you as 'undesirable' to other women witnessing the interaction. Subconsciously, "they didn't want him, so why should I?" Believe me, if there are 15 women in a room, and 12 of them witness you getting shot down by the first 3-4 you approach, more often than not, your night is a fucking wrap. In reality, a simple venue change can fix that, but the fact remains: that incremental risk we face every time we approach a woman in public is amplified in our minds, and can be nerve-wracking and even downright debilitating to the uninitiated. Women respect a man who can stomach that risk.

This leads me to the friction between TRP members (who tend to focus on self-improvement and sustainable results) and the PUA community (which tends to focus on routines, gambits, lines, and the like to facilitate smooth interaction and conversation with women). Having dabbled in PUA tactics during the days of Neil Strauss, Mystery, etc., I can tell you that there is definitely some merit to that stuff. Obviously long-term, sustainable personal growth is preferable, but there's nothing wrong with a little canned bullshit to get the ball rolling in chatting up a woman. Usually the winning formula is some combination of the two.

The point is, the best way is whatever way works best.

If you're starting from square one (which you probably are), it doesn't really matter what approach you take. If you prefer grinding it out and starting organic conversations genuinely, walking up to a woman out of the blue with "Hi pretty girl, I'm Deon. How are you? Do you like movies? No? Okay, what about TV? No? Okay what about..." That's fine. As long as you do it. Conversely, if you prefer going with some canned, semi-cheesy routine that gets a girl's interest focused on you and gets things moving, that's fucking peaches, too. As long as you do it.

In reality, whatever strategy you end up picking is going to feel unnatural when you first implement it, because you're not a natural yet. Don't expect it to feel effortless; remember that part of the reason you're here is that you don't know what the fuck you're doing. Both sides of the PUA-TRP debate have their merits, but debate itself really misses the point. The debate is over the most effective way to avoid rejection, and most guys on TRP don't need to find ways to avoid rejection. They need to get rejected to learn that it doesn't hurt as bad as they think, and the only way to do that is to approach. Whether you're performing a framed routine, or trying to elbow-grease escalation through natural conversation, or something in between, the method you choose should be the one that puts your mind at ease, and results in you approaching most often.