“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill

Summary

When you become red-pilled, you must realise you are committing yourself to a new and better way of seeing, and acting in, the world around you. Red Pill isn’t there for you to opt-in and opt-out when it suits. Rather, this is a fundamental and permanent shift in your way of thinking, acting, behaving and understanding the society we live in to maximise your potential.

Body

Recently I was going through hell. Work was insanely busy, I fell ill, and there were a lot of family pressures. It was not a fun couple of months. What made it worse was that the carefully developed habits I had formed were one-by-one disappearing. Long work hours replaced my gym and meditation time. Stress meant I made poor diet choices. Family problems meant I was losing my cool and not leading. The stresses at work made me irritated and snappy. In short, I was falling back into the pre-RP lifestyle of poor diet, lack of exercise, negative mental state, and I sure as hell wasn’t attractive to anyone… I could start to feel people retracting from me.

My response to those external pressures was not the correct one. I let go of my positive habits. This in turn accelerated my decline. I ended up taking two days away from everyone to go hiking and fishing (no cellphone, no TV etc) and think about how the hell I got myself into that situation… and what I had to do to get out of it.

I returned home with a refreshed mental attitude and I made changes. I made time to lift and meditate. I concentrated on eating better food. I got myself out of the nose-dive by returning to the same actions that had given me strength in the first place.

Conclusion

The Stoic mindset tells us that there are many external factors that we cannot influence, that we can only influence how we respond to them. I’m sure that you’ve all had those periods in your lives, where external forces make your life hell. They can be due to death, illness, being laid off, money troubles, the list goes on…

What we must remember is that it was the red-pill actions and thoughts that got you to your improved state. They are still the go-to actions and thoughts that will get you through hell. Casting aside RP theory because “its too hard to fit it in” or “it’s not the right time to be thinking like that” are only going to do you damage: you’ll decline further and faster as a result.

When you are under pressure, rely on what you have learned here and put into practise, and prioritise it. Keep going.