Premise

In the beginning of middle school, I hated giving presentations or speaking publicly. My instructors would often tell me to speak up, much to my own embarrassment. Knowing that things would only get better if I improved, I started seeking out and practicing presentation skills. I am now in university and nothing excites me more than the opportunity to present or speak in front others. I also find it easier these days to lead conversations by treating them as micro-presentations of myself. Once I learned of the Red Pill and its concepts, I realized in hindsight that my goal was ultimately to speak like a man; more specifically, to speak like a king. I am not nor do I claim to be the ultimate authority on this, but I decided I would share some of what I have learned and seen success in using since I haven't found anything similar on here.

Basics (TL;DR)

When a king speaks:

1. He does so from a foundation of confidence and self-assurance
  2. He believes in every word he says, lest his subjects begin to doubt him
  3. He does not conceal himself in ambiguity unless it benefits him
  4. He should not have to repeat himself
  5. He is not exceedingly verbose

Words of Equivocation

This is the first topic I wanted to cover as it has the greatest immediate impact on one's speech. The following is a non-exhaustive list of words and phrases that are often used to shroud oneself in ambiguity.

• Probably
  • Sure
  • Maybe
  • Sometime
  • Kind of
  • If you want/can
  • I think/believe
  • I don't know
  • I guess
  • By chance

First things first: there is nothing inherently bad about using these words and phrases. In fact, they can be used to one's benefit; you'll often find the vocabulary of one who is fluent in Powertalk to be rife with the above. Using them provides both ambiguity and plausible deniability. They become a problem only when used in excess. For example, take a look at the following sentences:

"Um, hey. You're kind of cute. Would you maybe like to get coffee sometime when you're free?"

vs

"Hi, I think you're cute. Let's get coffee tomorrow at 7."

In my experience, results are much more positive when I know what I want and state it as such. As opposed asking a question, I give an order. If you walked up to a few girls and said either of the above with the same intonation, I'm sure you could guess which would result in a greater rate of success.

Notice that the second statement still uses one of the aforementioned phrases of equivocation. In this case, however, it is being used to qualify the girl. To state "you're cute" presents it as an objective fact, whereas "I think you're cute" implies that this may not be the case with every guy, including you in the future (This has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

Of course, no string of words will ever preclude you from rejection. But remember: any given girl is a mere subject in your kingdom. If she outright refuses your royal orders, you exile (next) her from your kingdom, simple as that.

I'll share with you an exchange I had over text to better demonstrate this concept:

(I am represented by B, whereas my female friend will be F)

F: Hey are you free anytime tomorrow?

B: Probably in the morning/afternoon

F: Do you want to do something?

B: Come over

F: When?

B: Noon

F: Ok I'll be there

(The next day)

F: Yo should I bring lunch?

B: yes

F: Uhh Chick fil a? Subway? Something else on the way?

B: [My favourite fast food joint]

F: Ok what would ya like

B: [My order]

F: Aight leaving mi Casa now

Suffice it to say, I got a free lunch. We watched a movie, I made out with her, felt her up, and sent her on her merry way.

Verbal Tics

In the previous section, we discussed the importance of your choice of words. What is equally as important to consider when speaking as a king is what you say when you're not saying anything. Again, refer to the following list of examples:

• Um/Uh
  • You know
  • So
  • And
  • Well

Oftentimes, when one is still formulating what they would like to say, verbal tics and filler akin to the above are used to buy time for them to think. As a king, you should avoid this as often as practicable. A king knows what he wants to say; his royal decrees are straightforward and assertive. Personally, for every verbal tic I hear when listening to someone giving a speech, presenting, or sharing a thought, I lose a bit of respect for whatever they are saying. Granted, many verbal tics have become colloquialisms due to their ease of use (think Valley Girl accent). If your goal is to build rapport in a casual setting, sprinkling in a "like" or "you know" helps to maintain the casual vibe, but keep them sparse. My recommendation would be to first eradicate verbal tics from your speech entirely before attempting their more nuanced applications.

Grounded Confidence

I saved this for last, as building confidence varies from person to person. I can only speak from my experience. When speaking like a king, you must have full faith in everything you say. For that reason, if you are not fully confident in what you have to say, it is often better to stay silent. On the other hand, too much silence will out you for the sperg you are. It is that much easier to speak in confidence when you know exactly what you're talking about or what you want to say. In speeches and presentations, this means doing the necessary background research and creating notes for yourself to use as reference. In interpersonal communication, it means leading a conversation in such a way that emphasizes your conversational strengths. The audience can tell when you read your speech or presentation verbatim from a piece of paper through your mannerisms. The same goes for girls you attempt to drop PUA lines on. Work towards acquiring knowledge and developing a vocabulary to reflect it so that you are able to have every utterance from your mouth dripping in confidence.

Endnotes

In writing this, I realize that there are more archetypes of masculinity through which the Red Pill can be applied than just the king. This is just what best fits my own nature and style. I am happy to continue discussion in the comments and hear feedback. The behaviors I have discussed above are applicable in every facet of communication you participate in. Whether it be commanding respect at work, text game, or in an LTR, utilizing the king's speech will make others more inclined to treat you as a king. You yourself will also see improvements in your confidence and comportment as a result. Go forth and claim your thrones.

Edits for formatting