I walk into a Barnes & Noble to work on a sales proposal. At this location there is an organized area with shared desks for community reading. I see an open seat with a young woman around my age. I ask if anyone is sitting there, she said no. So I grab a few books and sit down. I immediately open my macbook and get to my work, as she's sitting right across from me.

After 5 minutes of not paying her any attention, she starts making these moaning/whimpering sounds WTF? After a few minutes of doing this I thought she might be mentally challenged. But I realized she just wanted me to at least look at her, or give her some kind of attention. I had no time to drop game so I continued to work. She was clearly bothered by this, her body language conveyed discomfort. She finally looked at me and asked "Are you busy doing work?", I said "Yes" with a slightly sarcastic tone. She said "Oh that's good". I got back to work and she left 5 minutes later.

It just occurred to me that these women actually believe in the imaginary pedestal their propped on. Just because you have a pussy I'm suppose to stop what I'm doing and acknowledge your existence?

TLDR - Random girl wanted my attention, my frame was too strong and she left.

Edit - To all the butt hurt users in the comments saying that I’m bragging or that this is insignificant. This is nothing to brag about, I didn’t smash.

It just surprised me that women EXPECT you to give them attention just because they exist.