Early this morning some inner voice compelled me to visit the suicide watch subreddit, just to browse and see if the thread is doing well/healthy. I came across a post there that was extremely concerning to me. Essentially, this now 20yo man once grabbed a girl's boob when he was 16, she pushed him away and he went for it again. Now 4 years later, even though she seems to have forgiven and forgotten as he puts it, this incident is enough to make him feel suicidal.

I've considered myself a feminist but this just makes me such an awful man. other than this I consider myself a good person, but this is bringing me down and crushing me so much and I feel like I don't deserve happiness because of it. I don't feel like I deserve to be alive.

The way he self describes as a feminist and the way he ends the post are painful to read. A typical blue pill example, right? But after thinking about it I remembered when I got out of my first ltr and a Teacher of mine recommended I read Iron John: A Book About Men by Robert Bly. I had grown up without any good/consistent father figures and the book turned out to be a great suggestion for me. Bly talked about how more and more in recent years young men have been lacking guidance from older men and subsequently only learn about what it means to be a man from either shitty father figures or women. The problem with this is that more and more women are clinging to the idea that men are evil monsters. Progressives/feminists more often venerate women for every choice and decision they make, from working full time to leeching off a man, from staying monogamous to "exploring their options" (as put by a female coworker and mother of a 13yo son, whom I'm sure will be one more of many to lack proper guidance). Every choice a woman makes is regarded as good and morally acceptable, almost no matter what, simply because she made that choice. Meanwhile men are being berated for every choice. Working a typical full time job is just being a cog, but going for something unconventional and potentially being unemployed to do so is irresponsible, being monogamous is lame or wishful thinking, but sleeping around is degrading to women and shying from commitment. Men have had all the freedom they could want from the get go, so now that freedom is viewed as inherently wrong, instead of being celebrated. Unfortunately this means that more and more young men are acting up in ways that end with them either dead or in jail, while those who try to follow what they've been taught by women simply end up hating themselves (because all men should be hated simply for being men) like the young man from this suicide watch post. He thinks that this individual, isolated and innocuous incident makes him an "awful man." And any advice he gets from that thread is going to be gentle and placating. But he needs to be completely retaught, as do many other young men like him.

So many posts lately have been examples of women ruining mens' lives, of basic sexual or workout advice, or more recently posts complaining about the lack of quality/value in said posts. But this young man is on the verge of suicide because of an event that didn't even result in a lawsuit or any other major consequences. Four years have passed and all seems well but he still is considering suicide. Being that suicide is (and has been pointed out here as being) such a huge issue amongst young men, a post like his should serve as a wake up call. If TRP intends to address real mens' issues, the advice and guidance it provides should go deeper than it has recently. This young man doesn't just need to learn about sexual game (though it will help him understand what happened in that specific situation and will help in others like it). He doesn't just need basic workout advice (although I'm sure exercise will help him). His current issues are much more rooted. He needs to be rewired with a deeper understanding of what it means to be a man, what it means to grow up and apart from your parents/mother, what it means to have your own personal strength, a sense of self worth. And with the way posts here have been recently, if he came across this subreddit he would likely turn away, thinking we couldn't possibly be serious or be of any help to him.

I've lurked here for a while and this is my first post, and I am by no means completely enlightened, but I personally feel as though TRP should be something better than what it has been lately, something that can help young men like this.

P.S. I'll be leading him here from his post. So even if you all disagree and I get downvoted to hell, at least I'll have lead another young man to TRP in hopes of him getting some help.