If you've been in the game for a while you start to see patterns.

You've seen America change in subtle ways--although there have been many technological innovations I would gladly go back to more analog ways. But that's a topic for another post.

So what does momentum and the Fibonacci sequence have to do with dating and the dynamics between men and women you ask.

Glad you asked.

I won't resort to a dictionary definition of momentum because you know what it is. You have seen it everywhere and probably in places you don't realize.

Momentum is what keeps a freight train rolling. And makes it hard to stop.

Momentum is how the winning team thrashes the opponent: think about those fourth quarter drives where the offensive team doesn't go into a huddle so as not to break momentum.

OK

How does that apply to sex and dating?

It hit me several years ago when I was reading the autobiography of Anthony Kiedis--Scar Tissue.

He said that when they started touring the band had a broke-down van and he had no prospects for sex or dating.

As time went on and they played gigs he went from one girlfriend to several to sex every night to multiple partners in a day. How sweet it is when you are on the upswing of this cycle.

The benefits of being in a band: visibility and access.

I have seen that pattern twice in my life when I found myself at zero, in a new place, with no social sphere and no prospects.

Thus urban adventuring begins.

Harem Building 101

I also noticed another pattern:

That once you broke through and overcame the initial challenge of getting the first date things seemed to get easier.

Oddly, this mirrored the pattern of the Fibonacci Sequence.

It goes something like this:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13

It's also represented by the Golden Spiral.

And that is what I noticed; once you got the first date or one night stand it became progressively easier to meet girls until you acquired a nice pool of women to date and followed a pattern akin to the Fibonacci Sequence.

In those days I would eventually beta down to just one and inevitably have to get back out to the streets and online and hunt like Orion.

When I was in this hunter stage I was very forward about the fact that I was dating other women and I never had one say that was not okay. They all were receptive and cool with the situation. At the time it seemed a bit counter-intuitive but knowing now the active principles of Red Pill Theory it makes perfect sense.

In engineering parlance when you are starting out this shift in energy is known as Activation Energy. That's why it's recommended you lower (or raise) the thermostat when you leave the house rather than turn the heating/cooling off because it requires more energy (read money) to turn on and start than it does to maintain a temperature.

As the legendary swordsman Musashi says:

Everything is hard at first.

So don't be discouraged; use the power of momentum.