Going to zero sugar is hard but if you do it, it will change your body and life. Why you should get to zero is covered in the essential Gary Taubes book The Case Against Sugar, and I recommend you read it. Knowing that you should get to zero is easy but implementing changes to get to zero is very hard. Society is against you and sugar is all around you.

To make the changes necessary to get to zero you have to swim upstream against the society that you live in. Most people will hold you back. Your diet should focus on nuts, vegetables, and some natural oils, especially olive oil. Roasting vegetables is especially important and if you don't know how to do it Google that shit right now. Breakfast should usually be eggs with some vegetables or some complex carbs like quinoa.

I first made these changes more than ten years ago and they were very hard at the time. With discipline and time they have become normal in my life and I have systems in place to make them easier.

Humans have not evolved to ingest the large amount of sugar that most modern humans do. Most people are too lazy and undisciplined to make these changes and it shows in every facet of their life.

I am not the Buddha and I will sometimes have a small ice cream on hot summer days or a good pastry, but those exceptions are rare. Sometimes I will also make social exceptions because sometimes the right thing to do is to take the beer. Under most alcohol-based circumstances through you should prefer something like vodka and soda or whiskey and soda or red wine.

/u/Grimy_range's post "The never ending shit tests I have experienced while losing weight" inspired this one. So did a lot of the conversations I've had with younger guys and gals at work. I've never been a fattie but I have gotten lots of curious looks, questions, and sometimes outright shit for declining the never-ending donuts, bagels, and other food that most people relentlessly shovel into their gaping maws. I've also gotten a lot of shit for my love of biking, mostly again from car-based fatties.

My kids also relentlessly whine about food at my place versus food at their mothers'. Fortunately they're also now old enough that I can tell them to eat what I make or make it themselves. Don't like what's on the table? Change it yourself.

There is so much around you you cannot control. You can control what you stick in your face. This post is not very long because it doesn't need to be. You will achieve what you achieve or you won't. You will reap the pleasures or sorrows of the way you lead your life.

At The Red Quest I've archived all my RP writing.