I have been on this subreddit for a little over 8 months now and I decided to weigh in. When I stopped making excuses and listening to this advice, I lost 15lbs, I had the confidence to apply to my states Governors internship program, and I tackled my fear of public speaking.

So I say again what is holding you back? Have you honestly taken a serious look at yourself and ask yourself “What is it that is holding my back”, Is it a physical barriers that is keeping you at bay from doing what you want to be doing? If not then that is a bullshit excuse. I always see many of my friends, and family make excuses on why something cant be done. When in all honesty it can, because the only person that is holding you back from being the best thing you can be is yourself, If your mind, and your body are aligned, and you are building up your masculinity, you are already miles ahead of the crowd. If you take that extra hour to read your book instead of playing your xbox you are ahead, if you go to the gym for an extra hour instead of watching your show, well my friend you are ahead, if you get up and do the damn thing, you are ahead. That is the beauty of it taking simple action, pushed you ahead of 90% of the population, and not because of some magic elixir, or some magical pill, it because you challenged yourself that day to be more then normal, to push yourself, to see how far you can go. One of my favorite twitter accounts is a Man named Veritas and in his bio he says “You must declare unceasing war on yourself.” And it really didn't resonate with me until now, whenever your push your comforts, set boundaries, build up your irrational confidence, and say “No”, you are challenging yourself, you are challenging the boundaries society has placed on Men, and your are pushing forward.

TL;DR When you take action you are challenging the norm, and you are getting the edge to help you become the man you want to become.

Edit: I did not expect my first TRP post to get gifted with gold. Thank you!