https://archive.today/qCvuI

This is an example of how American and Western society is broken, of how Fathers are marginalized and unappreciated, of how they get no credit, of how having a penis indirectly means you are responsible for any woman's past daddy/career/gender issues.

It also is extra infuriating compared to the same old "cheating woman" posts, because this guy is a father and a damn good one. Yet the reactions are:

I ended up like a lot of girls that are interested in science, pursuing a more academic track, rather than the more hands-on, industry careers, like engineering. I like what I do, but given how much harder it is to find a job in academics than in engineering, I have some regrets.

Me. Me. Me. Oh, did I mention ME?

Solipsism, gentlemen. The inability to define or explore any idea a part from yourself or your interests. Here, OP is blamed because this girl failed to realize that being a post-doctoral is a pretty shitty career. This is all due to OP her father not letting her have a chemistry set. Riiiiiight.

I'm a woman. Please don't perpetuate the stereotype that only men construct or fix things.

ME! I'm a woman, by the way. Did I mention I'm a woman! I'M A WOMAN!!!

And what stereotype? Where's all the woman clamoring and forming special political groups to be garbage men? Rescue workers?

This guy looked at the 2010 U.S. Bureau of Labor Stats and Census

99% of garbage collectors are men.*

100% of deep sea fishermen are men.

100% of electrical power line installers are men.

100% of roughnecks (work the oil drill) are men.

99% of auto repair mechanics are men.*

99% of roofers are men.*

100% of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics are men.

98% of metal fabricators are men.

97% of aircraft maintenance and service technicians are men.

95.5% of firefighters are men

92% of construction workers are men.

88% of patrol officers are men.

But don't worry, when a woman actually NEEDS one of these services, she will make sure not to complain that it's a man doing some "man activity" or "man lesson".

And here's what takes the cake:

Try just being happy that a father wants to bond with his son.

-

You just couldn't help yourself. They're are few things more presumptuous and rude then an unsolicited opinion but to interject your gender politics into how this man raises and bonds with his children is disgusting.

-15 downvotes for both of these. Yes, this is apparently a terrible thing to exist in the world.