tl;dr: fat Christian girls want the perfect man. You probably won't want to read this post in all honestly - I just need to vent.

<Begin rant>

Body: I'm a Christian. No, I am not here to start a moral debate but rather rant to possibly feel better about myself. IDK, spur the moment impulse maybe.

TRP has been a lifesaver to me. The "just be yourself and trust God" advice is feel good but doesn't give any actionable advice. So there is a website called Boundless. I used to read it a lot. Like, check 3 times a day a lot. Haven't read the site in maybe a year and randomly decided to hit it again to see what's happening. The entire site's dating section says to: Pray, wait on God, lower your standards. As a Christian I get the prayer part - if you don't ask you don't get. Again, not trying to start a moral debate.

Boundless also sponsors a Christian dating site called ChristianMingle. Probably have heard of it. Guess what? You can make a free profile.

Dating Profile: I pull my Tinder pics and post them minus abs pic since I knew it would be censored. (Got email later saying they rejected all but the head shot bc I wasn't "clearly seen" or "in the picture") I fill out my awesome hobbies, complete a short bio (research says 97 words is the sweet spot btw). I fill out my preferences for a partner and am cleared to browse.

The Girls : Awesome! Now I can peruse the girls in my area since I have an account! Hot dog!

• Fat Chicks
  • Old Chicks
  • Ugly Chicks
  • All of the above Chicks

God save me.

So I click on the least ugly girl there. Maybe a 6? She wants the perfect guy. Just what every guy in the world is: 20 years old, wants lots of kids, good job, passion for mission trips (mission trips require you to beg for money - no golden tickets there).

The Guys : Hopped over to the men bc why not check out the competition? (Honestly surprised they would let me look at the males...)

• Old
  • Fat
  • BETA

One guy was 58 years old - never married. Doesn't drive. Had a book for his profile (I didn't read the whole thing and I bet the girls didn't either) Said he kissed a girl in college and hasn't since - wants to wait until the alter. Was proud of his digital camera with the timer to take his picture. The site lets you see their match preferences and his were: 22-99 and "doesn't smoke". My own were quite more rigorous - particularly on body type. Most girls think 20 pounds over weight and double chin is common so "average" is an exceptable response for body type. But I digress....

I have noticed Christian girls are usually heavier because of the "God will provide" message. "Honey, he will love you for who you are. It is vain and a sin to worry about looks." So they let themselves go or don't even try to present themselves in the best light. News flash: I shave of my neck beard every day to look the best version of myself. I ain't doing it for no girl. Shaving that upper lip is a service to society my dear. Stands to note: on Boundless, the authors of these articles are either single or recently engaged at 30 something and are all below my standard in BMI rating regardless.

I won't get noticed on this site because of the crappy pics allowed and will probably take the profile down in a week or so. Even if they clicked on my profile, my bio is censored so... yeah...

<End Rant> Lessons Learned

• Online dating sucks
  • Online girls are fat and demanding
  • Christian guys are inherently beta