Cross posting form asktrp as it may be beneficial for users here as well. Mods please remove if it is not appropriate material. Thank you.

To give some back ground - Currently, I am approaching 30 and making good money which is only going to get better as I move up the corporate ladder. Also, I have been in a relationship with a beautiful girl who I could see being a great wife and mother someday.

With that said, I have been a lurker on trp for about a year now, so most of the theology has really set in with me. I know about how terrible the odds are for successful marriages, that women general start nagging more and get fat once you give them a ring, and how men are getting screwed out of their assets in divorce court (which is a real concern when you start making money over $100k and not to mention that a large portion of prenups get thrown out in court). Even with all of that - I can't help but wonder if marriage might still be the right move or not.

We all face the same battle against age and it is easy for some high school kid or college kid to get on an online message board and talk about 'spinning plates brah' for the rest of their life, but life is much more complex and dynamic than that:

+My friends are all getting married and tend to only hang out with other couples or married people.

+I would like to have children and my kids need to be raised by a mother with good values and not some bimbo plate.

+It is nice having someone special that really understands you and what you are going through in work/life.

+It is nice to have someone to bring around family/home for holiday events (Christmas, Thanksgiving etc.)

Additionally, to be quite frank, I don't have time to spin multiple plates any more. Far too interested and too busy trying to make money and climb the corporate ladder. 1 girl on the weekends coupled with all the other stuff that needs to get done is really all I have desire/time for.

I am coming to you TRP in search of insight from any RP men that have held off on getting married until their at least their 40s and how it has worked out for you (especially those that consider themselves in the top ~20% of SMV). Please elaborate on your experience as much as you think would be beneficial - a few key areas of particular interest for me are:

+Did you eventually decide to get married? if so, do you wish you would have done it sooner or later?

+Are you still able to find the energy to maintain plates into your later age? Does the magic wear off at some point?

+Did plating girls (the quality of girls not quantity) become much easier once your career took off in your 30s and 40s and subsequently you were able to get that penthouse apartment or sports car and kept lifting while your competition got fat? or did you find it more difficult having to compete with young guns?

+Are you still able to emotionally attach (i.e. love) to women after spinning through so many plates over so many years?

+Did you have any children and what were the circumstance?

+Did you find it difficult to have a social life after 40 without having a wife to get invited to couples only events?

+Do you think that you are happier having never settled down with that 'one girl' early on in life?

+Any positive or negatives to your finances - having only one mouth to feed as opposed to two? Counter to that - do you think it would have been better to have a Dual Income set up instead?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated as I will probably be making some significant life choices in the next 12 months.