Summary: modern-day men don't have a well-built family, and thus, feeling like orphans, seek that familial nurturing they lack in the women they want to pick up, making them feel the need to put them in a pedestal, or going the oneitis route.

Disclaimer: I just realized a bad wording on my part. Whenever you read "lacking familial nurturing" here, also bear in mind things like daddy issues and mommy issues.

Body: after one year of going to parties and picking up girls every weekend, I started wondering why that didn't feel that great or awesome anymore.

I thought of when I was very beta, pedestalized women and had oneitis, and how they felt like huge prizes when I finally picked them up.

Then I wondered, why the need for pedestalizing?

After talking to a girl who was feeling she was missing her ex-bf from almost two years ago, I realized that what she actually missed was talking to her father. She didn't miss the cock, she was missing familial nurturing.

My generation is full of people with screwed families.

Thinking like orphans, feeling like orphans, behaving like orphans.

The majority of Reddit's readerbase is probably like that, with no solid foundations of familial nurturing, absent fathers or mothers and such.

The presence of a father figure inspires a person to improve oneself, plan for the future and be strong to endure hardships.

The presence of a mother figure teaches a person to nurture its own feelings, and when the child is completely raised it doesn't need the mother anymore -- it can 'mother' other beings instead.

These guys who pedestalize women, always chasing oneities, are orphans, most of them. Even if not by the literal meaning of the word, but they still have absent family figures, what in turn leaves them without familial nurturing.

And what do they do?

They start seeking that familial nurturing they don't have in other people. In the people they're into, most often. That's what drives them to always pedestalize.

Most of them are even trying to put their girls in the place of the mother they miss.

That's the whole core engine of the daddy issues girl. She misses familial nurturing and seeks it in cocks.

I also thought about my friends who have well-built families. They are often seen as natural alphas, abundance mentality guys who have good LTRs and don't pedestalize like betas. Apparently just having a family is enough to learn most of this stuff naturally.

Lessons Learned:

• People need a feeling of familial nurturing to be strong for life;

• Betas pedestalize because they lack or miss familial nurturing in their lives;

• People suck at their relationships because their familiar foundations are shit;

• Modern-day men are thinking, feeling and behaving like orphans. Realizing that, and realizing what they lack in their lives is an essential step to improving themselves and their sexual strategy;