I find the people who don't like Tinder aren't lifting enough.-/u/LowCreddit

Most guys on this forum are frauds. If they actually lifted and followed self-improvement guidelines, then they would be getting matches on Tinder. But they don't. Thus the reality factor says that most of you are probably weaker than my late-50s female boss who holds the deadlift record for her category at the local gym.

Prepare the Vaseline, because I'm about to cause a whole lot of butthurt.

If You're So Hot, Then Why Aren't You Matching?

We all know that girls are attracted to muscles and an aesthetically pleasing face. That's why there is so much focus on self-improvement around here, mainly through lifting/diet. We want to become physically arousing to girls, which is the essence of the Alpha fuck. For those with the discipline to follow a strict fitness regime, achieving physical desirability is eminently feasible even without the right facial genetics.

Yet, a sort of Fermi's Paradox clearly exists in this sub. Guys here purport to follow a self-improvement philosophy consistent with "Alpha Fucks,", which clearly entails physical fitness. Nearly every member of the TRP forum who has been here longer than 6 months should be physically attractive enough to inspire desire through looks alone, netting at least a satisfactory number of quality matches on Tinder.

But open any thread relating to online dating and what do you see? Kvetching and hamstering. Women are only on there for validation. Tinder is only for very attractive men. It's a "waste of time." Et cetera. And no one is calling out this blatantly defeatist viewpoint.

The Pain of the Reality Factor

Most men who frequent this forum have cultivated an Alpha self-image in their minds, which means that anything that would challenge their beliefs about themselves is immediately filtered out. That's why the reality factor of online dating is so soul-crushing. You can deceive yourself all you want, but you can't deceive Mother Nature. Through thin-slicing and judgments made within microseconds, women process the information in your pictures and rapidly form a conclusion about your place in the sexual hierarchy.

Beta. Beta. Beta. Beta. Alpha. Beta. Beta.

When an otherwise successful guy ventures onto Tinder and gets relegated to the Beta category, he can't take it. Massive cognitive dissonance ensues as reality comes crashing down around him - the reality that he's one of the 80% of men rated by women as unattractive. Not average. Unattractive.

Therefore, he must find some way to rationalize his self-image with his failure to physically arouse women through looks alone. That is why we are treated to a litany of dismissals and hand-waving. Let's go through a few of the most common gems.

Women Are Only There for Validation: No, women are there to be railed by hot Alpha guys. Many of my online lays claim, ridiculously, to match men just for the ego boost, but the fact that we have this conversation naked in bed is evidence to the contrary.

Tinder Is Only for Really Attractive Men: Well if you lift and take care of your appearance as you claim, then you would be one of those really attractive men.

Tinder is Useless for Minorities: My jacked-as-fuck Indian friend could go on Tinder tonight and pull an HB7 minimum for a hookup. Blow your excuses out your ass.

Just Game Women IRL Brah: More on this later, but I can't think of any other way to Game women while you're taking a shit and waiting during a commercial break on television. Furthermore - drumroll please - you can run night/day game and online game. Novel idea, huh?

Now, I have nothing against guys who do have success online but choose not to use it, for whatever reason. I strongly reject the "just Game IRL" argument when it comes from a place of necessity.

Looks Vs. Game

When it comes down to it, Tinder's polarizing effect in this sub gets back to the eternal debate of Looks Vs. Game.

Listen, if you're having more success by applying Game in real life to overcome your appearance deficit, then by all means continue. But you have no business injecting your opinion into a forum that is about improving both Game and Looks.

The Tinder bitching often has me pondering who the hell are these guys who post as if their advice matters? Intuitively, we all know what an Alpha looks like and how he carries himself. If we lined up every Tinder naysayer, would we see a group of Alpha men? Or would the lineup more closely resemble the cast of Silicon Valley?

Good advice is good advice regardless of the source. But sooner or later, the reality factor will seep in and color that advice. That's when we have a problem. And no one here really seems to care. No one is calling out the bullshit, defeatist assertions for what they are.