There's a girl at work who is rumored to like me. A co-worker even told me "hey, K wants to 'hit' you." She's in a relationship and built like a silverback. She bosses people around, and even had people quit at her nonsense. So why the fuck does she like me?

I sing. On a 10k hour scale, im around 5-6k hours of practice from my highschool - now, so you can imagine how i sound.

One day im joking around and teasing her and she hits me with one of those shit tests i read so much about.

"So you think you're funny, huh?"

Old me would have laid himself down and scream "i don't know how to talk to women," but i replied

"I know im funny" and gave her a grin.

This gets that hamster running. "Well, shit he's actually confident. Let's try again," she thinks.

"Wow you're so lame"

"Thanks for pointing out my leg" again, jokingly pointing out my leg injury from some time ago.

Afterwards, anything even remotely funny got laughs from her. Am i actually funny? Hell if i know, but i sure convinced her.

P.s. im not smashing her, work is separate from dating.

Takeaway: hodl frame like your bags of bitcoin, just in case you haven't seen the 1000 other examples posted here.