Being Red Pill aware for a couple of years now, I've had plenty of time to take what I know now and use it as a lens in which to view past situations I found myself in.

The results have been pretty comedic for me, but also an icy lesson in how your self-perception (particularly a negative one) can cause your behavior to completely change in situations that may have more of a green light than you think.

Here's several of my greatest blunders (abridged), followed by the lesson learned in each one.

Blunder #1 This was about three years ago. I met a girl from Tinder that we'll call...Janelle. She was college age, and I was about two years out of college myself. Very pretty, and far better than the sort of girls I was used to matching with.

Our first meeting was an afternoon coffee near her college's campus. At the time, I had been of the mindset that my "moving too quickly" was killing the deal — so I had made up my mind ahead of time that I was going to just sit and talk to this girl, and try my best to seem aloof about the whole thing.

Playing it cool for a Sunday afternoon "date" seemed to go well, as she texted me immediately after saying she loved meeting me and wanted to make some plans for the next weekend.

I decided to take her to a fancy place downtown in the city (of course, thinking that I HAD to spend money to impress her...), and when I picked her up, she was dressed more provocatively than I expected.

Short black top with a fair bit of boob showing, and her belly button visible too. Leather jacket, tight jeans, and heels. She looked great — and if I knew then what I know now, I would have had a fucking clue that she was into me.

But, being the meandering beta I was, I still felt nervous and like I needed to qualify myself.

Dinner went well, and the question came up as to what we should do next. Here's where the real blunder happened.

She told me that we could go back to her place, and that her roommate was over at her other friend's dorm making cookies. Instead of me taking the obvious signal she was whacking me over the head with, I decided to be a romantic beta schlub and take her to a scenic park, somewhat nearby where I thought it would be easier to make a move on her.

Not a total failure in doing so, we had a pretty intense make out for quite awhile there...but by the time we started heading back, her roommate had come home. We parted ways nicely, but she was probably disappointed that I was so thickheaded.

We ended up meeting again a couple weeks later, but the flame was already gone. I'd lost the deal.

Lesson Learned:

If you don't think you're good enough, you're going to miss even the most obvious green light. While there are exceptions and times that you should be cautious (especially these days), you're best off making the assumption that you're in the clear.

Nowadays, I know that it's already somewhat of a big deal if a girl seeks me out to spend time with me, that they'll dress up for you if you give them tingles, and that they'll seldom outright ask you to come over and fuck them — they'll just tee you up so you can lead them to that outcome (like clearing their roommate out of the house).

Blunder #2 The next blunder is another Tinder story. TBH a lot of my experiences are like that, because I used to be too cowardly to employ any day game or approach women in real life. Part of my interest in TRP was to get over that anxiety.

This girl, let's say...Beatrice, had already given me some cues before our meet-up that she wasn't looking to hook up. Fair enough, I hadn't even seen her yet. I just proceeded as planned.

We went to dinner across the street from my apartment building and had a drink together. Good energy throughout, and afterward it seemed like a simple enough transition to get her to come back up to my place.

I had invited her to see my place and play some guitar together, a little bit of plausible deniability.

When she came in the door, she was really impressed with how it "didn't look like a typical bachelor pad (or smell like one)" and that I had decorated it so well. She sort of beamed back at me, and it was a good opportunity to start making out.

BUT THAT'S WHERE I TORCHED THINGS YET AGAIN!

Instead of just proceeding from there and escalating naturally, I decided that I had to make good on my claim that we were going to play guitar. And (cringing as I think about this) I played a song or two for her....gahh...

Of course, by the time I was done, I felt like I could pick up where I left off. But the flame had already gone out and she ended up going home, saying that she had "just broken up with her boyfriend" and "this was all too sudden."

Lesson Learned: There is no proverbial checklist that needs to be checked off before you start escalating and moving forward. If you've got their interest and you feel the energy, follow that trail...you may not get it back, and they may subconsciously (or even consciously) judge you for passing it up.

If I hadn't felt like my value was low, I wouldn't have goofed around on my stupid guitar trying to further impress her. I would have just known that she was already feeling comfortable around me and attracted.

Never saw her again!

Blunder #3 This one is fairly short; it was an encounter I had with a girl I met on Bumble.

First of all, I blew off a day of work to meet her, because it worked with HER schedule. Pretty lame of me, but I was operating in a scarcity mentality, where I felt like I had to bend to their will, rather than get them to work within my frame. First mistake.

We went out at about 3:00pm for an early happy hour right downtown by my apartment. It started off fairly neutral, but by the end of the hour (and two drinks in) she was giggling and having a great time.

That should have been enough reason for me to invite her back, but NO!

I still felt like I had more to prove before THAT could even be on the table. So being the blundering beta bozo that I was, I decided to take her to ANOTHER place that was a couple miles away just for another drink.

The energy totally died when I did. She started checking her phone during the last 30 minutes and was pretty obviously uninterested.

She also kiss me before we parted ways. I never heard anything more from here.

Final Lesson Learned: There is nothing to prove, unless your weak self-image tells you that there is. And when you fail to read the energy of the room and of the woman herself, you will probably fail overall.

I was too overwhelmed by my feelings of inadequacy to realize that these women were probably already interested in me, and I didn't have to embark on some sort of dog and pony show in order to "win them over."

I was far too invested in and concerned with what they thought of me to see that they already liked me just fine, and I ended up ruining things entirely by missing that.

The biggest problem I think is that my behavior showed them an incongruity of who they thought I was and what I actually was.

They quite possibly were looking at me as a high value man that they were excited to be in the company of, but I was behaving like a low value man who was worried about impressing them. It didn't add up.

And because it didn't add up, I got NEXTED by all three of them :) These happened throughout 2015-2016, so it's been awhile and I'm not quite the basket case I was back then.

But I share this in hopes that you can relate to some of these situations. I have other stories of "tripping over my own dick" due to my younger, weak self-image..and it is certainly possible to replace those beliefs with better ones.

TRP has lots of examples of how your mindset plays into your performance, and I hope that this shows you exactly how a weak mindset will not only breed weak decisions but also put a blindfold over your face as to how women out there are even responding to you.

Good luck!