I was recently watching Blue Planet (great documentary) and it really put Hypergamy into perspective.

Nature is fucking brutal

Every species is locked in a constant struggle for survival. Kill or be killed, eat or be eaten. This is the environment we evolved in. Ice ages, volcanoes, predators, disease, drought. As a species, man has gone through the ringer. We clawed our way to the top of the food chain and bent Nature to our purpose through sheer intellect and power of will.

One of the biggest factors that has allowed mankind to survive and even thrive in such a horrific environment is Hypergamy. Hypergamy is a feature of our species, not a flaw.

Imagine that you had been able to control the development of our species throughout natural history. But the only thing you get to control is which males the females want to fuck. If you were competent, you would design female preferences that would match up closely with Hypergamy. You would select for the biggest, tallest, strongest, healthiest, most masculine males. This is like a football game where the stakes are literally life and death and extinction. You would select for the most dominant alpha males to play for Team Human. You wouldn't care about the guy who was just the greatest friend a girl could have, who was caring and attentive and frightened of his own shadow. You would skip his weakling ass and take Chad, the 6' leader who doesn't piss himself when its time to kill a sabertooth tiger.

Part of the confusion that we rational-minded men have about women's sexual preferences is the way they seem to choose mates that are bad for them. Can't she see what a jerk he is? Can't she see that he is a selfish turd who will make her life miserable? When you zoom out, female preferences make a lot more sense. It isn't about what will make her happy. It is about which genes will give her offspring (and by extension the human species) the best chance of survival.

The unfortunate truth about hypergamy (and natural selection in general) is that most males don't make the cut. When you are a nice guy who is just waking up to the Red Pill and staring down the barrel of female sexual selection, it is easy to get mad at women and hypergamy. It is easy to be resentful and wish that things were different than how they are. Why can't she love me for who I am on the inside? Why can't she see how happy I would make her if she gave me a chance? Why can't she overlook my physical shortcomings/ lack of resources and see what a great guy I am? Being rejected by a female is extremely uncomfortable- Nature has judged you and found you inadequate for reproduction ... that is the core of sexual rejection. Your seed is weak and nature does not want it to reproduce. What a painful truth to confront. No wonder so many of us get angry or depressed. No wonder so many men go MGTOW- they already know that they will lose this game, so they prefer not to play and pretend like its their choice to opt out of reproduction.

However, you can outgrow the anger and depression. You can start to see hypergamy for what it is and rise to the challenge.

All the things that hypergamy selects for are good for your development as a man. Lift heavy weights to make yourself stronger. Read books to make yourself smarter. Create a strong frame and be more dominant. Stop avoiding conflict and stand up for yourself. Take charge of your life and take the lead. Build a network of men you respect. Climb the social hierarchy. Kill it in your career and make lots of money. Take women off of the pedestal and stop taking them so goddamn seriously. Act like you've got some fucking balls. All the things that help you get pussy are the things that make you a better man. And I mean "better" in the practical sense, not the modern abstract "better" where you think you're a great man because you've never cheated on a test or been in a fistfight.

TLDR- Hypergamy has helped our species to survive through a long evolution in a brutal environment. Embrace it