An important advertisement from TRP is that it claims that it shows you the truth, exposed by the name of the subreddit. Theoretically, I would argue that it isn’t necessary to claim this or even for this to be true – some would argue that TRP is an ideology, a complete set of accurate beliefs that can guide you through life and manage sexual intent. While TRP may be what it claims, it would be more practical to define it in a different manner, as a perspective. I’m assuming this is how conventional PUA forums were structured, and the difference could be contributing to stigmatization of our community.

​

Defining the TRP as an ideology is fine for some people, but at the same time, it influences a lot of the problems in this community that lead to outside stigmatization, which I argue should be an object of focus for us – we should be actively striving to bring our fellow man with us, and make our community more accessible for the benefit of man as a whole, not to alienate our community and inadvertently influence the death of masculinity. That seems dramatic, and I don’t mean to claim that we should resort to advertising, or even break the first rule, but I think that there is often an underlying lack of accessibility for new members, and we should avoid driving those with essentially the same goals as us away from our community - there is really no reason not to be inclusive.

​

The idea that TRP is a complete ideology, in my experience and opinion, causes many men who attempt to follow the extensive and beautiful lessons taught on this website to feel like they are losing their sense of self to create a new person with a completely novel set of beliefs and actions, which is both more difficult than necessary and makes many feel like they are losing their sense of self. Obviously, you do have to change yourself – that’s the point, and it’s a difficult process to say the least, but I would claim it isn’t necessary to essentially rewrite yourself. In reality, you don’t need to completely abandon your personality, only alter it in the correct ways – the ways that let you get girls. I’m using an intuitive and provisional definition of personality for the sake of space but depending on how you would like to define it, you don’t need to change your personality at all – just some core dispositions or attributes that have less to do with your method of expression. In fact, changing essentially how you express things may actually be less productive, but maybe I’ll follow this line of thinking more extensively in another post, opting not to go too far on tangent.

​

The most functional way to define TRP is as a perspective, a system of interpretation of reality, that when adopted, causes you to attract more women. You don’t necessarily have to interpret reality the way it is, only in a way that works. In fact, I think for most non-experts, it’s much more effective to think of TRP as a social, sexual, and psychological science – we have used an incredible amount of self-collected, experiential data describing a social action-response paradigm that causes you to get laid. It’s really that simple, and it’s a framework. Understanding the reality of social situations is much more complicated, and even thinking about it in a social situation can be unproductive. As a disclaimer, I would say that much of the theory posted here really does describe reality – tests are a real and well documented social and sexual phenomenon, but it may often be more effective to interpret situations that aren’t tests to be tests. The most important dynamic is that the perspective presented by TRP lets you stay confident and maintain frame during pickup – women are attracted to high value, and it’s important to appear high value. For most people just getting into PUA, it’s reasonable to assume their low status is what brought them here – that was certainly the case for me. For these individuals, the game is essentially fake it until you make it – what they need to understand is how to fake it effectively. If that entails a complete rewriting of belief frameworks that describe reality and a reinvention of the self, then so be it, but I don’t think that’s actually necessary. I think that new beliefs need to be adopted, but it’s would be in our interest to search for the most effective ones, and not necessarily the essential truths of reality. I think a lot of you will disagree with me here, and I would love to hear what you have to say.

​

I’m not arguing that we should change the name of the subreddit or migrate. TRP is our branding now, and that’s okay. I only wanted to present my opinion on how we should present our community, and hopefully influence the opinion of those who took the time to read this. There seems to be a growing lack of theory here, which I think is a problem – to many documented experiences, most of which’s sole product is to contribute to the anger phase seem unnecessary. Reminders are obviously important, as is keeping up with relevant news, but I think that there is a lot more expansion and debate to be had about our ideals here. Too much of anything isn’t a good thing, and I think in the end, practice is more important than theory, but the purpose of this website is to lay out the groundwork – you have to commit to making the change yourself and change your behavior accordingly. Let me know what you guys think.