Summary: We can harness our hunger for weed and let it propel us towards approaching more women by using temptation bundling. We can also utilize our weed habit as a polarizing filter so that we focus our efforts on women we are likely be more compatible with.

Body

This post isn't for the straight-edge redpill Chads out there, pure in body and mind, slaying legendary poon. This post isn't even for the people who smoke weed occasionally and are already spinning a couple plates. This post is for sexually frustrated guys like I was who recognized that weed was holding them back, and are working on it, but haven't quite got to the versions of themselves that they envision.

• Temptation bundling”: the idea of tying together two activities — one you should do but may avoid; and one you love to do but isn’t necessarily productive.

A little over a year ago, I was smokin' weed erryday and sending my swimmers into the trashcan. I learned about temptation bundling, and decided that until I got laid (I was in the midst of a 2+ year dry spell, not counting those 2 hookers in Mexico, but that's another story) I would only smoke weed under 1 condition:

​

1) On days I lifted

You see, I don't find lifting weights intrinsically enjoyable, but I love smoking weed. So I'd put on my gym clothes, pack a one hitter, and take a few puffs on my way to the gym. I made progress lifting, but I had it in my head that I was in "monk mode," and "someday" I would be good enough for a woman to open her legs to me. So, eventually, I wrote down another condition under which I would smoke weed:

2) With women I met "going out"

The tough-to-swallow redpill I learned following Rule #1 was that I actually desired weed more than sex. I realized this because I was more interested in going to the gym on Friday night so I could smoke that day than in going out to bars to approach women. So I decided that I would also allow myself to smoke weed with women I met in bars.

I realize now that in addition to temptation bundling I was using polarization, a technique Mark Manson describes in Models: Attract Women Through Honesty.

The process of revealing to a woman “who you are, how you feel, and what you think” is what Mark calls “polarization”.

"Polarization is what occurs when you express your truth and make yourself vulnerable [to rejection]."

Polarization is the opposite of playing it safe and making small talk. It is the opposite of trying to avoid confrontation and controversy. Polarization separates unreceptive women from receptive ones, as well as pushes neutral women to decide one way or the other. As Mark says it in one of the most remarkable passages in the book:

"You can’t have it both ways. The two go together. You cannot be an attractive and life-changing presence to some women without being a joke or an embarrassment to others. You simply can’t. You have to be controversial. You have to polarize. It’s the name of the game. And getting good at the game is learning to open yourself up enough emotionally, learning to express your honest self enough and be comfortable enough with your vulnerability to take those embarrassing moments with the moments of passion. A willingness to polarize is not easy. But it’s necessary."

Approaching women smoking outside the bar, I was brutally honest. "Hey wanna smoke some weed?" Most of them told me to get lost. But a few were receptive. If they asked me why I wanted to smoke weed with strangers, I'd even tell them about my rules. My vulnerability - admitting my weakness for weed - helped to bring them into my frame. "Wanna go back to my place to burn one?" is a great way to change venue and get them into my apartment where I can escalate. Eventually (after months of rejection) I found a FWB that I can text at any time who will inhale my weed and then my cock.

Lessons Learned

1) Temptation bundling can help stoners to cut down on their usage while simultaneously improving themselves in other areas

2) Smoking weed is polarizing, and it can help you to focus your efforts on the women with whom you are most likely to be compatible (at least at this stage in your journey)