Allow me to provide some context: I am a 23-year-old single man with a relatively well-paying job in my field, for which I hold both a bachelor’s and a Master’s degree, living in a coastal city about half an hour’s drive from the beach. I have my own place, no credit cards, a car that’s paid off, and only $40k in student loan debt.

With my age in mind, I recognize that I may not have nearly as much life experience as a fair portion of my brothers in this subreddit. That said, I like to believe that my perspective holds sufficient relevance. When transitioning from undergrad, to graduate school, and finally to working life, I quickly observed a change in both “the game” and my own mentality towards women.

For most of my undergraduate years I resided in BP hell, chasing women for LTRs as much as I chased my goals (admittedly, sometimes more). For too long I sought validation from the wrong sources. Part of the lie fed to me by Blue Pill society is that male success mandates the approval of a committed, beautiful woman. Emphasis is placed on “committed”. This lie affected every aspect of my behavior towards women. Sometimes I found myself in positions where I could have slept with a girl, but chose not to because my dumb ass thought she would “appreciate a gentleman who didn’t try to get in her pants on the first date”, when all other signals indicated she felt the exact opposite. In Blue Pill hell I felt shame when I actually did bed a girl I wasn’t dating. I felt hollow and asked myself “what did you gain, you asshole?” For some idiotic reason, I was genuinely surprised and disgusted when I saw a girl I had taken on a date less than a week before (and probably could have nailed had I not been so desperate) getting finger-blasted by a grotesquely ugly football player (that I RECOGNIZED from television, to add insult to injury) as she made out with him in an alleyway behind a bar downtown. Surprisingly, that wake-up call wasn’t enough, and it took several more bad experiences with women and some dealings with emotionally-damaged goods before I finally took the red pill. I finally realized the biological objectivity of male and female relations. Admittedly, the process of losing the cynicism associated with “Red Pill Rage” proved long and difficult.

While the confidence boost of sex never changed when I took the red pill, my takeaways from sexual encounters did. I no longer feel a spiritual emptiness when I hook up with a girl, but at the same time I no longer feel the need to associate the amount of sex I’ve had lately to my success, which is the best part. The biggest component of this new mindset is the sheer amount of time my new career consumes.

I work a standard 40+ hour week managing millions of dollars of business in an industry that involves heavy analysis, negotiation, and communication. In short, a job that simultaneously requires the intellectual capacity of a socially-isolated introvert, the relationship management skills of a Greek social chair, and the juggling skills of a circus clown. To say it’s overwhelming is an understatement, but I’m very grateful to have that job; the best part is that it actually relates to my collegiate studies. The takeaway is that I spend over forty hours a week getting nagged and prodded from countless directions. You may know already where this is going.

As the months pass, I notice more frequently on my social media (I ought to just delete all that crap, but I love staying in touch with foreign friends too much) that countless people I knew in high school and college are already engaged, married and/or pregnant, and not necessarily in that order. My reactions show just how far I’ve come on my Red Pill Journey. The old BP me would seethe in envy. But now, with all of the work I’m putting in at a job I fought for, I can’t imagine throwing myself in an LTR, having kids, and putting everything I’ve worked so hard to earn on the line knowing all of the statistics about divorce in America. Why would any man busting his ass at a job put everything at risk so easily in this day and age?

I’m now so focused on my career that I barely noticed how my position in “the game” changed with women overnight. I can now afford REAL, nice dates. I have time in the evenings to lift and take better care of myself, time I couldn’t find easily as an overloaded grad student. My SMV has climbed considerably. I even broke my own record for seducing someone, shamelessly. I met an 8 in my apartment complex’s shared laundromat while I was still dressed in my business casual attire from work. We hit it off, and in less than 20 minutes of chatting her up I INSTRUCTED her to meet me at the rooftop bar next to my apartment in three hours. Six hours later we were going at it, and she contacted me two days later asking for round two. This prompted me to try it again several times with other women, all of them “smash” hits.

TL;DR; When you focus on your career goals and your personal goals, the “need” to have a woman in your life quickly takes a back seat to other priorities, and you scratch your head wondering why other dudes throw themselves at marriage. Ironically, this makes it even easier to game women, assuming you’re working on your frame, because they notice your ambition and drive. After all, they crave to be led.

EDIT: OKAY, y’all. I know my second sentence sounds like a humble brag, but I had to set the stage so y’all could see that I’m not an unemployed cheese dick chilling in my mom’s basement complaining about the world... I have privilege and I acknowledge it wholly. I’m just excited to be where I am now given that a few years back, I couldn’t have fathomed where I’d end up and got little attention from the layyy-dees due to being funemployed. For years I thought I’d never make anything of myself. Pardon my tone.