There is plenty to discuss about the Kavanaugh fiasco, but one aspect that has struck me as particularly cruel is the backlash against his emotional display. The mainstream press has dignified this grotesque evisceration by publishing the criticism, much of it written by women. I won't link to any examples, but anyone can find them pretty easily.

In short, the disgust over Kavanaugh's tears provides a prime example of a simple truth: women are not only incapable of understanding male vulnerability, but instinctively react with loathing when they do encounter it.

Here’s the painful pattern that emerged from my research with men: We ask them to be vulnerable, we beg them to let us in, and we plead with them to tell us when they’re afraid, but the truth is that most women can’t stomach it. In those moments when real vulnerability happens in men, most of us recoil with fear and that fear manifests as everything from disappointment to disgust. -Brene Brown

Even Saturday Night Live just now mocked Kavanaugh for shedding tears over his calendars. From a feminine perspective, this makes no sense whatsoever...a woman got sexually assaulted and you are crying over calendars?

The calendar, of course, was merely incidental. Kavanaugh choked up at the thought the person who started the tradition - his father, the primary model of masculinity in his life. He cried at memories of camaraderie with his friends - brotherhood, duty. The all too familiar feeling of humiliation, rage, disappointment, sadness, and injustice all rolled into one as his career - the major source of masculine purpose - gets dragged through the mud in front of the whole country.

I recall reading on this sub once that when a woman watches Saving Private Ryan, she might as well be looking at static. She fundamentally lacks the ability to understand a man's emotional core.

The strong, silent man is a masculine archetype for a reason.

We tell boys not to cry for a reason.

Insults such as "pussy" are there for a reason.

Never cry in front of a woman, except when your parents die.