This is a top post today from the Off My Chest Sub. IT IS NOT MY STORY. How screwed is this dude about to get:

She was one of those popular girls in High School. Heck, she was better than those popular girls at school because she never gossiped or said anything bad about anyone to anyone. She was nice to me, always said hello to me, always smiled. She was the one all the boys wanted. I helped her out once on a school project and as a thank you she took me out to dinner when she was driving me home (she had a license and I didn't!). I had such a crush on her.

What shot did a nerdy (My mom still bought my clothes for me at 16!) bookworm like me have with a popular girl like her? Even though I knew she'd say no, I don't think I could have dealt with the rejection so I never tried asking her out. After High School, I would run into her occasionally at the clubs and sometimes when visiting friends at her school (we went to different colleges in town). And that was pretty much it, after I graduated I didn't see her at all and she passed into memory.

Fast forward to this year. I've changed quite a bit obviously, more confident and comfortable in my skin as all adults should be by now (Although ironically, I'm posting this with a throwaway). She popped up on my recommended friends list on facebook so I added her. We started chatting, catching up on what happened to the both of us after high school and made plans to meet up for dinner to catch up in person.

Meeting up at dinner, she still looked every bit as beautiful as the day I met her. Still the same pinball smile and bright eyes that all made my heart skip a beat everytime she looked my way in highschool. She told me that she had always found me nicer than the other boys at school and really cute and smart. I admitted to her that I had a huge crush on her all throughout high school. She acted surprised and asked me why I didn't ask her out if I had a crush. A little part of me died knowing that I actually had a shot with her back then. Dinner was wonderful and we went out to a pub for a quick evening drink and made plans to meet up again on the weekend.

And then as we were walking back to our vehicles, we stopped and said goodnight and we finally kissed. 16 year old me would be so proud.

(Comments indicate that she has kids now too of course and they "love him")