Sup fellas, got a short one for you here.

​

I saw a post today that included in it a bit about breaking things off with a girl, and her demanding he pay her back for lunch the previous day, despite his buying her dinner and movie tickets earlier in the week or some bullshit like that. Several of the commenters questioned his giving her the money, asserting that "I'm too alpha for that shit."

Giving her the money was the right call, good job bud.

You have to pick your battles fellas. A successful life isn't built through a one-hundred percent success rate (unless you're a trust fund kid in which case fuck off). In fact, a life like that would be unfulfilling. What would success mean to you if you never had to face adversity?

Success is a progression, in the simplest of terms. Success over time. You don't need to engage in every battle, you don't have to debate any moron, you don't have to deal with everyone's shit.

What's important to you? What kinds of things are worth your expense? You can ask this of yourself any time you're in a given situation, but the masculine man knows this intrinsically. He knows that he has to (E.g.) face constant scrutiny from his high-level job, and so he doesn't waste energy squabbling over petty matters. I'd even go so far as to say success in a petty battle comes not from whether or not you "won," but by how smoothly and how quickly you moved on from it. Do you think the Clintons have the time or energy to engage in every debacle, every sex scandal, every email controversy, every hostage situation gone awry? (Trump throws money at situations too, I respect the move from both sides.)

In this particular case, the easiest way to complete your goal, to get this girl out of your life, was to just give her the $15 that means absolutely nothing to her (this clearly depicted an emotional reaction resulting in her grasping for straws to either justify hostility against you or help her feel like she came out "on top"). Are you kidding me? "Here, take $20, get lost."

We aren't goddamn gorillas. Not every challenge means something in the world that we live in, but some challenges mean a great deal; focus on the latter. Give her $15, save your energy for #MeToo #NotLeftOutImJustAsImportantAndBrave. Observe the elite class of the South around the Johnson era: Send your pregnant daughter away to the cape to have the baby and pretend she's on a semester abroad, worry about the new up and coming congressman who's planning a tax raise in your county.

I think you get it by now.

Kavanaugh 2024?

​

EDIT: I guess $15 means a lot to some of you. But maybe exercise your critical thinking skills for once and relate this example to my post. She wants to be upset at him for something. She doesn't want this whole thing to be her fault, so if she can get him stuck on this $15 she wins. "He owes me money! I fucked him and he stole from me! LOOK AT HOW VICTIMIZED I'VE BECOME!" $15 is a small fucking price to pay to move on from what is clearly a lose-lose situation. Too many of you have these unwarranted, inflated alpha egos and you need people to know that you're just too good for that. News flash: You aren't shit. If every small thing is a big deal for you, you won't go far. If you take it personally that you need to give this girl money instead of looking at it for what it is, a shit-test (a shit-test you won't win), then I feel sorry for you. Your life must be exhausting; what with the constant dominance-assertions and checkmates. You're not going to win every time; better offer the draw than be defeated. And if you still can't ever possibly conceive of yourself losing a small battle to win the bigger war, then myself and the others who get it are all the better for it.