In this brave new world of technology, I have been testing a theory. As of right now, 9/10 times I've gotten a response and 7/10 have been enthusiastic about meeting up. I'm ready for some other guys to try it out and report back.

Scenario

You're at a restaurant, or coffee shop, or getting your hair cut etc. You meet a cute girl who works there, start chatting her up and pick up on an IOI. It's probably not the right place or time to grab her number, but there's no time like the present.

What I've been doing is simply writing my number on the reciept with the words "Text me" then leaving before she gets a chance to see me again; or handing her a business card as I walk out the door and simply saying, "Text me."

This allows tons of room for plausible deniability. It's intriguing. If you're right about the IOI, she's excited to find out WHY you want her to text you. Either way you get her number without adding any social pressure to the interaction.

The times I've tried saying anything more, the number of responses plummets. For example, "Text me and we'll go do X thing we talked about." leads to me not ever getting a single text in most cases. The second I offer no information, the number skyrockets.

Like I said 9/10 have texted me and 7/10 were enthusiastic about meeting up. My response to their initial text is almost always, "Hey X, you're cute. We should go out sometime." I won't go into detail beyond that. Give it a shot and report back.