When I was younger, I would watch my parents argue and listen intently. One thing that always struck me was how a verbal apology from my father was never sufficient. If my father wronged my mother in some minor way, he would apologize, but that would not solve the problem and would always seem to make it worse. It puzzled me. Apologies are an admission of guilt and an attempt to improve the relationship, right?

This is how a lot of men view apologies. When we apologize, we might actually mean it, admit wrongdoing, and want to improve the situation. Be careful, though, as women do not see apologies the same way we do.

A few weeks ago, I visited my parents and asked my mom why she seemed to never accept my dad's apologies and why things would get worse when he would apologize. She looked at me and said, "Because I want to hear it again and again".

This confirmed what I had read a few months prior in the book "Practical Female Psychology For the Practical Man". In that gem of a reference, the author mentions how verbal apology is a sign of inferiority in the eyes of a woman. In a nutshell, if you verbally apologize, it is never viewed as a positive thing. Your intentions are not important. Only your frame is important.

So, what to do if you severely wrong a woman you are seeing or dating? Make her feel something else when she's complaining about what you did. Grab her suddenly and start to dance. Simply lead her somewhere to do something else and take her mind off it. Women want men who take action.

TLDR: To a woman, a verbal apology from a man she is interested in is the ultimate break of frame. If you wronged her, make it right by changing her emotive state. Avoid verbal apologies.