What Is Power?

This will likely induce eye-rolls from the seasoned old Red Pill sages who may wrongfully assume I'm addressing them. I am not.

This is basic shit. This concept is one of the building blocks on which a Red Pilled man begins his journey to the top of his personal ladder. This is the part where he picks himself out of the shitpile and decides to be someone.

Let's get to it.

My biggest battle growing up was feeling inadequate. I was overcome by a sense of uselessness, and sense of underachievement. I was, so to speak, put in my place, on a daily basis and told in so many words, that I was insignificant.

I craved what I believed to be power. Money, fame, influence, a thrilling social life and wild dating life, the ability to go wherever I wanted and do whatever I wanted.

But, as Rollo Tomasi states in The Rational Male, those things are merely the manifestations of power.

Power, simply put, is the amount of control and individual has over their own life. True power is not the mastery of others. It is the mastery of self.

As I got older I sought to prove my abusers wrong, but I failed to realize that I myself had been conditioned to believe their words. I believed I was worthless, I believed I was insignificant, I told myself I was a weakling and coward, and I didn't know it then but on a subconscious level, I was desperate to prove myself wrong.

My turning point took place the moment I realized that I as a person could design my own life. With a good brain on my shoulders and the balls to buck against the system, I could be whoever the fuck I wanted to be.

I knew the kind of person I wanted to be. I knew the kind of person I was. Over time I became deeply introspective, forsaking my desire to impress others. The question I ask myself every morning is “how can I become something that I am proud of.”

With a little effort, every aspect of your life can be molded and shaped into an ideal form. With a little self-discipline, you can build a world for yourself.

You are the master of your own fate.

This is power.