I read a lot of field reports on the sub dedicated to the analysis of interactions, and whether or not said person succeeded in securing the close. Don't get me wrong I have no issue with these posts as they give the sub an a way to troubleshoot their own game, hopefully leading to the desired outcome in future interactions. However what I'm concerned with today is the fact that so many of us are always concerned with how to get the F-close during a date/cold approach.

Ill provide a personal example. I'm in the military, so the nature of my job keeps my life frequently turbulent to say the least. So for the last year or so I've been working on myself, a miniature monk mode if you will. But yesterday I was invited to a going away for a coworker, and as I'm trying to work on my social skills I figured it was a good opportunity as any. Before my group set out to the party I ran into a girl who I recognize from around my area. I chatted her up for a few minutes and told her that I'd possibly hit her up later depending on how the party went. Fast forward about an hour into the party and I get a text asking how much longer I was going to be there. I ignored it, and continued enjoying my wine and company. When I got home a few hours later I got another text asking me to come to the local hangout spot and enjoy some more drinks, and I obliged. In my head I had I begun to see that the conversation I had earlier with her stuck, and that she wanted more than she was letting on. Everyone was lying in hammocks so i took the opportunity to joke around, initiate some keno, and escalate.After lurking for so long I finally got the opportunity to apply some basic TRP principles. All in all I didn't stay for more than an hour tops.

I left without saying many goodbyes to anyone and once I got back to my room my phone blew up.

​

"Don't go to sleep yet"

10 minutes later, "I knew it you fell asleep"

I replied, "why do you want me awake so bad?" I wanted her to give the confirmation and to show effort when communicating with me about what she really wanted

"Because I'm down and want you to come over"

"But I'm not sure if you are" (the hamster clearly spinning)

I gave it some thought and sent, "Yeah, I'm tired and don't really want to deal with this right now, text me tomorrow or something"

​

It's been radio silence after that but I'm not phased by it. See, the point of the interaction wasn't to secure the close. It wasn't even really to get another plate as she was about an HB5 and not really my type. The point of the entire interaction was to set a marker for how far I've come along in the last few months. I needed to see if what I had been focusing on the last few months had actually been important, and if I was actually improving relevant qualities about myself. Honestly, I'm not really in the mood to sleep with anyone currently as I'm trying to avoid the shitstorm that is the current state of affairs in the sexual marketplace. But the point of the interaction was to prove that by implementing techniques taught in TRP, as well as striving to constantly improve yourself you can actually change you outlook for the better. It's all about not having a strong connection with the outcome, and having the understanding that one can drop plates without dire consequence. It comes down to a simple quote,

​

"they were so concerned on whether or not if they could, not whether or not that they should"

​

Sometimes there doesn't always need to be an end goal. Just a goal.