https://imgur.com/a/lTzgEtk

Just thought I'd share this.

Teaching English in China this year - been seeing this girl for about 3 months (mostly on weekends). She's cute enough, very innocent, said she was a virgin when I met her (and oddly enough I believe her).

Having said that, she's breathtakingly naive at times. I think she's still in the demanding Prince Charming stage that a lot of women go through (and some never grow out of!)

To elaborate - she probably said 185 just because that's my height. Even by western standards that's tall, but this is Shenzhen, China - average male height about 5'6" so I'm literally top 1% here. Its not uncommon for me to stand on a train platform with 200 people, look around and conclude 'yeah looks like I'm the tallest here again'. Its the local equivalent of being maybe 6'5" - yet now apparently one of her demands.

By 'stability and good job' - I'm currently working two English teaching jobs here, making about 30,000¥/mth. Average monthly salary here maybe 9,000¥ (and Shenzhen very high by Chinese standards - more like 6,000¥ elsewhere). By comparison, average salary in New York is $70,000/yr.

So basically, she wants the local equivalent of a 6'5" with a $200,000/yr salary - and she then wants him to 'shut up and never argue with what the wife says...'

As for the girl - I don't want to post her picture obviously. She's kinda cute, perhaps 5-6/10, but really quite ordinary. She brought me fruit last time she came over to fuck (which started on 2nd date). Height 160cm, she's a new uni graduate working in a company office making maybe 5,000¥/mth. I told her from the beginning I will probably be back in Australia in 18mths or so, and am not looking for anything more serious than a girlfriend for now. Still, I suspect this girl is going to be thoroughly alpha-widowed by the end of this.

I do feel kinda bad (mostly for the future Chinese men who will try to date her). I'm still years away of considering serious marriage, as I've told her. I don't really want to do anything other than have some good times with her and then let things fizzle out naturally. Just thought I'd share the impossibly high standards of a fairly ordinary middle-class Chinese girl, even with herself having not all that much to offer.