A little over 4-5 months ago, after ending my LTR of 7 years, I decided to finally delve deep and do what makes me happy. I held off on taking Salsa lessons because I had this feeling in my gut the LTR would want to do it with me, and I am glad I waited because she is now taking classes at the same studio as of recent on her own time (the ex).

Within the first couple of months of being introduced to dance, I was inherently naive to relationship dynamics in the dance community. I was too focused on becoming a better dancer, and ensuring I do what it takes to see myself develop to a point where I want to be.

I attended a latin festival for the first time a little less than a month ago, and it opened my eyes up to a broader spectrum. I met two different ladies I am still in contact with till this day, one, I guess you could define it as a plate, and the second, she badly wants to suck the soul out of one of the instructors from the workshop festival.

Every time the three of us go out together, woman #2, always talks about this guy. Always.

"Why can't he say bye to me?" "He didn't even notice me when I walked in..." "He's such a good dancer..." "I don't know what to do, I want to make a move but I don't know what to say..."

The instructor is a tremendous dancer, and he exchanged numbers with this woman, but it could be clear he just isn't interested.

Seeing this woman obsess over this man verbally, and through her body language was one of the more comical features I rarely see in a woman.

Similar to anything else, there is power in status. Being a leader or a staple in any community, women will want to naturally flock to you and suck you off. They want to be a part of this instructors story because he can make a woman feel good for 2-3 minutes by doing sensual body rolls, spins, and dips.

Its an interesting dynamic, because you don't always have to be 6'6, and make $250,000 a year. This instructor is probably 5'6-5'7, wears skinny jeans, has a high top haircut, and is the 'last' definition of what you would masculine.

But he clearly knows what he's doing because he is happy, and does what he has always wanted to do as a profession.