I got a phone call today while I was at work from my ex-girlfriend.

We broke up during the summer of this year, but as of late, she has been doing everything humanely possible to get me back. Showing up at my house, calling me, texting me, reading old card messages, etc.

Yes, I do have some responsibility by picking up her phone calls and entertaining the idea, but I share this story to see how it relates and confirms RP-theory.

One of the main reasons of broke up with her was I overcommitted myself to her. I surrendered an entire day if I needed, to see her happy. And whenever I wasn't readily available, this then led to arguments about how I am not serious, etc.

My thought process behind seeing her happy meant I would be happy. So I lost myself in the entire process, and once I told her I felt like I was being "taken for granted," she ran. Went ghost for a couple of days, and that was it.

Fast forward to today, she starts off saying "I should have loved you better." And "I am sorry, and I want to do whatever it takes to fix this."

A lot of the cards she read to me over the phone were shocking to say the least. This was at least 5-6 years of me writing apology cards from Hallmark to get her validation; I said "every flower that ever bloomed had to go through dirt." I also said things like "I love you, and I want to push you around in your wheelchair when you get old."

Yes, nice, but her reading cards that were from my early twenties showed me she has been incapable of loving me the same way I loved her.

I did everything possible to keep this woman happy, and I was too much of a bitch to add any intrinsic value to my life. I said this in a previous post, but once I began adding something of actual substance to my life than a woman, my entire spectrum has grown.

Learning Salsa/Bachata has made me happy. I watched videos for 2-3 years, and never summoned enough courage to do it on my own, and ever since I grew a pair, I am happy.

She wants to rekindle what we had, but I am no longer the same person willing to sacrifice and drop everything to see her. She wants me back in her frame, but I can't go back. There is no going back to my blue-pill conditioning days.

TL;DR -- Ex-GF wants to rekindle our LTR of 7 years by reading old love cards from our early twenties.