So I want to be a fashion photographer. Not just a guy who shoots instagram models, but full campaigns and ads for magazines. I moved to NYC a few years ago and Ive been pursuing fashion photography part time. Started about a year ago with some random chick I met on insta. Now ive built myself up, got published once and have worked with a few really talented models/shot some pretty cool pictures.

I met this other fashion photographer on craiglist who was looking for someone to help him with random small organizing and editing tasks. He has become a good friend and Thursday he called me telling me about this party he couldn't attend due to other work. The guest list for the party included celebrities, Victoria's secret models, and fashion people.

He suggested I go, use the organizers name at the door and have a good time. I hit up a few models that I have shot or have scheduled to see if they would like to attend w me. Figure the likelihood of me getting in is higher if I have a pretty girl on my arm.

The 4th girl I hit up is game. Shes a freckled redhead who I had met on insta and was gonna shoot in a few weeks. We show up to the spot like an hour early, so we just go in and hang out. Literally only the staff was there and nobody bothered us or checked if we were on the list.

The venue fills up with an assortment of models, fashion designers, buyers and influencers. We wander around and I start pulling every hot girl I can find, asking them for a pic by the good lighting and getting their info. I shot about 6 pro (major agency) models including one who has half a mill followers on insta. I get bored so I pull the model I had brought onto the couch and start putting the moves on her. We go to make out in a stairwell.

Thats pretty much the story, I now have a bunch of real fashion models in the dms and I plan on shooting them all/getting in touch with their agency.

​

​

Funniest thing that happened as I was about to leave. Everybody starts lighting up in the venue, so I sit by one of the tables with bottle service and the guy next to me passes me a joint. Just then the security guard walks up, tells us to put it out. I start putting it on on the table (dumb cuz the venue is fancy and the table probably costs a few grand) and hand it back to the guy who gave it to me. I tell the redhead that we are leaving, and the guy next to me turns to the security guard and asks

"you wanna puff"?

​

Lessons Learned:

Show up early

Act like you belong

If you havent talked to the hottest girl that you see in the venue, why bother going out?

Absolutely do not give a fuck