You will die one day. What you did will not matter. The time you messed up an order in line at Starbucks. The time you said “you too” to your cashier as they said “enjoy.” The time you got embarrassed in front of a group. The time you fucked up talking to a hot girl.

It does not matter. You will die and everything you did, every mistake or failure will simply not matter. Your existence, your experience, your life will end and you will be nothing.

Your life will keep moving. You will be 50, 60, 70 one day. You. Right now, you are not. Think back to when you were in elementary school. Those were the good days when you were in middle school. Carry that pattern on through high school, college, etc. These are your good days. You are living them. Take advantage of them. Fuck, I’m only 18, but one day “me” will be 30, 40, 50 years old. It is so hard for me to envision that, but I, we, are always growing and moving. Nothing in life is static. Be flexible. Make mistakes. Have fun. Because these “good days” will come to an end.

Do something. Take calculated risks. Talk to that hot girl and get her number. Do that thing that’s been making you itch. At the end of the day, we will only have our memories. No parents, no friends, no relatives or siblings. Only you and your memories. It won’t matter. Your parents will be dead. Maybe your friends will be dead. The people that “held you back” will not exist. Their opinions will not exist. Live your life. Make your life something worth smiling and laughing about as you lay on your deathbed.

Side note: I know there’s gonna be a small group of people who think that think “why do anything if it doesn’t matter?” You are here, living. That is a fact. Make something out of it, even if won’t matter in 100 years. You can look at this post in two ways: do something because you will not be remembered (liberating) or do nothing because you will not be remembered (depressing). You exist so why not make something great out of it or at least attempt to? You have one shot, you may as well do the best you can. I could go on about this whole topic for a whole essay, but I’ll keep it short for now.

TL;DR Make your life something worth smiling and laughing about as you lay on your deathbed.