Intro

There is a natural clash between what you read here and almost every other piece of information you consume.

Opinion pieces in all major media are quick to associate TRP with whatever negative flavor of the month, we're "quarantined" or on the naughty list of Reddit, etc.

Everyone is trying to tell you what to think, and 99% of the voices say stay away from here.

Why is that? Find out here...

Truth - or Eternal Truth?

There was a Danish guy named Kierkegaard (Søren Aabye Kierkegaard for the technical) who really wanted to figure out how to make people believe in the Christian god. He was such a crusader in this aspect that he accidentally invented Existentialist philosophy. How did he do that?

Kierkegaard's antagonized his peers by stating they lived an "idealist" fantasy - said peers believed reality was constructed by "the thinking subject", or to violently dumb it down, that what's created by the society, dogma, or religion of the people around you is effectively reality.

Kierkegaard did not like this idea. He was on a crusade, after all - he wanted to prove to everyone that the whole God thing was not some collective belief you sing in church, but instead something that begins with just you.

Authenticity

Before I lose your tiny attention spans, I'll give you something punchy:

Each individual—not society or religion—is solely responsible for giving meaning to life and living it passionately and sincerely, or "authentically"^1

This idea of authenticity was critical to Kierkegaard's development of what was later called Existentialism. The opposite of this was the ideal - that some collective or societal belief constituted "reality". I am sure the readers of TRP are well aware of the collective beliefs

Put simply, what actually works FOR YOU is the ideal. For this Dane, that was the path to God. But for us...

TRP and Truth

One can be brought to the point of becoming a Christian because the single individual must choose to become a Christian in freedom. Kierkegaard says, either believe or be offended. But choose.

Substitute "Christianity" for what you read here.

This was the core of what made his works so impactful - Kierkegaard insisted that the choice required freedom, and the alternative was offense.^2

Fine - How does this help me get laid?

TRP is a simple praxeology. We are men trading notes that help us collectively improve our lives. Many of us "authentically" experienced shitty things - in Kierkegaard terms, the best proof of TRP is that our romantic lives are better after applying what we learned here, and only because we all did it on our own. Even the bad parts.

Reading the internet words doesn't get anyone laid - but internalizing them, working them over to decide what fits YOU, and trying them out does.

The alternative is offense.

1. Stole this line from Wikipedia

2. This idea is mostly fleshed out in his 1884 work Philosophical Fragments