Nothing beats you over the head with the importance of RP then seeing your parents interact.

I recently broke up with my ex after 10+ years of living together. I decided to move back in with my parents to plan my next move. Nothing could have prepared me for the clusterfuck of entitled bullshit going on in my parents home.

My dad is a legend. Good looking, funny, a hard worker, very easy going – nothing seems to phase him. Therein lies the problem. My mom is a “nice” lady. Just not to her husband. He works his ass off all week in a high pressure job pulling in six figures, and she works two days a week. Does this entitle him to a weekend of being treated like a King and relaxing? Fuck no! He spends all weekend doing jobs around the house, making her breakfast and cups of tea, while she puts a bit of bleach in the toilet and complains about how tired she is from all the work she does around the house. The hamster would be spinning itself into a blazing inferno if he wasn't there to put it out with big wet doses of his self respect.

The worst part is how they interact. She talks to him as if he were a piece of shit on the bottom of her shoe. He makes constant needy jokes about sex and she happily and proudly shuts him down because apparently it's a funny joke to deny your provider sex. He admitted to me more than once that he doesn't want to retire because he can't imagine spending 24/7 with her. How fucked up is that? He would rather work into his grave than enjoy his twilight years with his “one and only true love.” Part of the problem is religion. As a devout catholic he doesn't believe in divorce. At least he won't have to go to hell. He's already been there.

I discuss red pill philosophy with him and he gets it from an intellectual perspective. But he can't apply it in real life. It's counter intuitive. We've been brainwashed our whole lives to think a certain way about relationships. But as we all know, this shit works.

Your mom is a nice lady. But she's also a raging cuntmonster.