Hi all. This is a bit of an edited repost. I just wanted to give you guys a perspective on AWALT and how history and events are often manipulated and revised by women. Divorce finalized last year after 5 years of marriage. No cheating or abuse. We have young children. Ex wife wasn’t “happy”. Last month ex wife texts me the following:

“And lastly to be honest, I was dating someone for the last 7 months and I was never really that into it but I felt like I've been single for so long so I needed to move on and on paper he was great and he's a really great person but I would reflect on when we dated and the fun we had and I remember there was nothing you wouldn't do for me. You made such an effort and I always felt special and with him I didn't feel that so I ended it because i realized dating should be so much more. So I do recognize our good times so don't think I don't. At the end I did just focus on the hurt and it was so irreversible. But as time has gone on, I've been able to realize that you once did love me and we had a lot of good times and I can now laugh and smile at those times and I'm not mad at you anymore and more and more I've realized my mistakes so I'm really sorry.”

“I know this has nothing to do with the kids but I want you to know that it's all this that make me respect you and you're an amazing dad. So please think of getting to the point where we can talk once a month about them.”

My response: “Please email me your thoughts and concerns regarding the children and I’d be happy to continue the dialogue in that format. Thanks.”

End conversation. She never did send an email about concerns with the children after that. What do you all think?