Indian guy in college thinks girl is attractive but she doesn't date Indian guys. When he's 27, she messages him out of the blue and he's ecstatic to reconnect.

Later the woman's sister tells him she only messaged him because she heard he had a 'great job'.

I expected the comments to be somewhat balanced. Instead we get bullshit like this:

The fact it's working out should be reason to pat yourself on the back. It also sounds a little like her sister is jealous and wouldn't mind a shot. tl;dr; nothing to see here, move on.

She wouldn't give you the time of day in college but who cares.

She saw someone who checked certain boxes for her to consider a long term relationship, initiated contact and you guys hit it off. I wish a girl approached me like that to be honest...

Your GF probably dated a certain type BECAUSE it would never work, not in spite of it.

She banged all those guys in college but not YOU because YOU were marriage material and they weren't. Wut?

Except OP said that the guys she dated probably wouldn't have settled down

You aren't wrong I know that a lot of the guys she dated either didn't want to settle down or were artsy types

More comments completely telling him to stay with the gf.

She's 27 and dated freely before she met you. Now you've been together for 6 months. You can either view this as "settling" or you can view it as you winning out in the end; as her coming to the understanding that you're truly better than the rest. People who've "settled" are usually less-than-satisfied with their relationship, but stay together because they don't think they can do better.

And:

Maybe, after ten years of dating unambitious guys, she decided she'd had enough of that whole scene. Maybe she never thought she wanted to settle down before. Maybe she's seeing how things go with the guy who's great on paper (good job, "polished," similar background, approved of by her family).

You get that guys? Your future wife sleep will around with random dudes in College without giving you the time of day but you'll eventually get her in the end when she's ready to settle down!

Lesson: Don't settle for someone that wouldn't have given you the time of day a few years back. They probably have ulterior motives.