I highly doubt that anybody who has arrived at TRP sends messages like the example I'm going to share, but I wanted to post it here to make a point.

Brief Backstory I have an older sister who is in her upper 20's, and she's been passively looking around for someone new to date.

She's reportedly been pretty disappointed with the lot of whiney, emasculated men out there and never takes things anywhere with them due to boredom and being un-attracted.

Her most recent endeavor was re-joining Bumble. She's been sharing some of her conversations and matches with me for chuckles.

This is one that I thought was particularly interesting.

The dude in question here is a guy who "stacked up pretty well on paper." Attractive enough, seemed like he had a decent life put together, has a dog (which is something stereotypical she goes after).

But he pretty much immediately killed any attraction he had going with this message that he sent.

She texted me the screenshot and said, "Is this beta? I'm not into that."

Here's some areas where things went awry for him.

• Exorbitant use of Exclamation Points !

• Reply is about 4 times longer than the message she sent to him first

• Message is littered with excited, happy emojis...5, in total versus her original message which contained 0

• Bombards her with questions right away instead of going with the flow of conversation

• Puts all the decision on her by saying when he is free, and suggesting "Lunch, dinner, or something" if she's "up for it"

I highly doubt any of you are out there tripping on your faces this hard.

I felt a micro-ounce of sympathy for this guy, because he seems to be embodying the cultural values of being nice and interested in the girl...non-aggressive...all of that. He probably can't figure out why he was ghosted after this.

This is partly why it's a RP golden rule around here...keep your texting just for logistics only (especially in the initial stages of knowing the girl).

If texting is part of your game I'm inclined to believe that you're probably doing it better than this chap.