I aim this mostly at college students. I started smoking weed early in high school, and stopped completely near the end of my sophomore year of college. Currently going into my senior year.

I have by no means achieved the levels of success that I want from practicing TRP philosophy, but I have come to see how much more productive and fulfilling life is without weed. I know you may smoke and still be very in shape, very productive, good grades, and good game with women. However looking back I can see ways that this shit took hold of my life at various points. You get complacent, you schedule your day around when/if you can smoke. Weed drove me to bad bouts of anxiety that made achieving my goals a monumental struggle. I have tried many kinds of drugs, but weed is so dangerous because it is so easy.

I know some people here view alcohol in the same regard, and I understand. I do drink on some weekends. But for the majority of the people, that is the norm. Plus sometimes not drinking can lead to social suicide, no matter how much you want to try and deny it. Excluding alcoholics, no one can go to work drunk, go to the gym drunk, have any kind of productive day drunk. But many people fall into the mindset that they can "easily" do all of these things high. And that's because you can easily get away with these things high. "Get away with". We aren't looking to just "get away with" things here, we are looking to take life on at full force and make the most of what we do.

After a year of reflecting on my drug use, I have seen how much time it wastes. Weed becomes your hobby. Weed becomes your sleep aide. Weed takes your money, because you always feel the need to have some with you. I know life is about compromises, and sometimes we just need to relieve stress and enjoy it. Yet I know so, so many people who started out with this mindset and then the "once in a while" turns into every single day.

Please young people, as someone who used to be a pothead, weed brings no value into your life. I cannot speak for people older than me, but I imagine they may say the same, but I would like to see some opinions.

edit: grammar