Backstory: 5 years married, 2 kids, constantly been on the edge of divorce (even to the point of having papers drawn up), dying bedroom, we had talked about counseling. She even used to talk about how she wanted to fuck me over with child support and alimony. Then I discovered RP.

I had been bringing bits and pieces of RP in for a few months. At first, I just wanted to save the marriage for the kids' sake and to keep from getting divorce-raped.

Maintaining frame, being more dominant during sex, eating better and lifting more, dread game, being direct and assertive about everything, not supplicating whenever she got emotional. Any outburst she had, I'd grab her by the shoulders with a strong enough grip that she'd know I was serious. Then I'd look her dead in the eyes and in the calmest voice say something like "you're being silly right now. You're upset over something you can fix. Calm the fuck down." If she got louder, I'd get smoother. As a result, her tantrums got shorter and shorter.

During this RP-ization process, I truly stopped giving a fuck about whether she stayed or not. The freedom I realized I would have if she left outweighed any financial cost I'd be paying. Anyway, she had begun taking notice.

"Something's different about you."
"Meh, not really. Just trying to lose some weight."
"Not that. You're acting different. I kinda like it."
"I know you do. Can't keep your hands off me. Or any other body parts for that matter."
She gives me a little playful slap on the arm, "whatever" then starts giving me a great BJ. Something she used to do while we were dating but had stopped by the time we were married.

I used to have to beg to get blown by my wife, and only got it on few occasions. Now it's happening a couple times a week. But I digress.

She had been taking classes to become a realtor but had been dragging her feet on taking the test to get her license. In the past I had asked, pleaded, nagged her to do it, but she never did. I had the gut feeling that her not having a job would help her get more out of me when we split, and she knew it. So imagine my surprise when last night, she's in bed with her real-estate books and materials, studying.

"Haven't seen those in a while."
"Yeah, I scheduled myself to take the test this week."
"Cool. I'm happy for you. Good luck."
Then she gives me the look on her face that little kids have when they show you a drawing they want you to put on the fridge. "I just want you to be proud of me."

This time last year she was on her way out the door. She didn't want to be there anymore. I was on the verge of begging her not to leave, and she was ready to try to take me for all of my shit. It was rare amounts of sex, frequent fights, and "I don't want to be married to you anymore."

Now it's frequent sex, a peaceful household, and "I just want you to be proud of me."

Men, you can never underestimate the power that stoicism and strength has on a woman. It can bring her from wanting to ruin you to busting her ass to get validation from you like a child would.

(Granted, there's always the possibility she cheated. Or tried to find somebody else but couldn't. And I'm always aware of the fact she could up and frivorce me tomorrow, so I've been putting money aside just in case. But for the time being at least, RP has made my marriage better than it ever was.)

EDIT: formatting