tl;dr You have more opportunity than any man before you in history. Take advantage of it.

Summary:

I've noticed a lot of negativity present on trp as of late, and as a result I've stopped reading for a few weeks. I'm making this post as a response to that negativity.

Now is the greatest time to be alive as a man. I can imagine many sighs of disbelief throughout the community as you read that. "How can we be happy in this day and age with the declining quality of women?", one of the many questions you ask yourself as you observe people throughout your day. Then you come home and browse trp and have your concerns reassured by others who share a similar mindset. I'm going to state some of the benefits you can enjoy in 2016, many of them will be obvious and redundant. Hopefully this post can help instill a positive frame of mind for some readers, and I'll tell you why that's important in a bit. As you are reading this, you have access to all the history, knowledge, experiences, and thoughts of humanity compressed into a machine that you can fit into a small box. Anything you need to know or wish to discover can be answered with ease. You can connect with people from around the world to collaborate with, chat with, or to engage in commerce with. You are alive during a time when fitness is at its peak. Read the history of weight training, examine the top specimens 100 or even 1000 years ago and how it is possible for you to attain that and even exceed what has been accomplished before you. You can board a plane, take a nap and wake up across the world in a different culture surrounded by different people. Women are voluntarily being open about their promiscuous nature with platforms like Tinder. If you want a slut, you can get a slut. If you want a wife, you can get a wife. You may have to go outside of your home country, but don’t complain that you can’t find a decent woman. I’m not dismissing AWALT, I’m saying you can find women who act upon their natural instincts with less frequency and who make a safer bet when gambling your time, resources, and emotional well-being if you decide you want marriage/family. A quick Google search shows that there are about 3.52 billion women in the world as of 2014. You will meet less than 0.0001% of them. Happiness is not ignorance, but the acceptance of what you cannot change. Learn from trp, act upon the knowledge you have gained, but do not hate what you have no control over. The world does not need another stoic badass who walks around with a grim look on his face. If you don’t already, try smiling at everybody and everything. Widen your eyes with curiosity and embrace the world for what it is. I have noticed a significant change in the interactions I have with strangers, friends, family, boys, girls, teachers, etc. by displaying a positive and lighthearted attitude at all times.

I’ve been pondering as to why my own change in behavior can also change everyone around me. “Surely this is a solipsistic point of view,” I thought to myself, “because how can I change how others present themselves to me?” After reading some essays from the great https://illimitablemen.com/, I’ve reached a conclusion that is probably not wholly original. The majority of the people you encounter hate themselves. This deep seated hatred is rooted into their very being. From the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep, this hatred manifests itself into the way they go about their activities to their interactions with other people. The masses hate themselves because they know they aren’t achieving what they are truly capable of. Without knowing it, people let this toxicity affect everything they touch. Those who have been in the anger phase or have been depressed for lengths of time know how it affects everything, from your work ethic to the way you present yourself. When these people encounter you, a man on the path of self-improvement who is not where he wants to be yet but is happy where he currently stands, they want to be a part of that success in any way possible. Naturally some will try and bring you down to their level, but simply refusing to acknowledge their negativity and pessimism is usually enough to shut that down and encourage them to be positive. Visualize your idea of perfection in a man. Write it down if you need to physically see and hold what you believe qualifies someone to be the best. If you can dream of what should be done, you can get to work and do what needs to be done. Some may protest with excuses like “I’m not 6”1’” or “I can’t grow a thick beard”. You are a man, not a victim. If what makes a man to you is height or facial hair, you are basing your expectations, goals and dreams off of what society and women want, not what you want.

To put all of this rambling into some perspective for the community, I’ll relate it to my life. I don’t want children and I plan to get a vasectomy before 30. I also plan to store samples of my sperm indefinitely should I change my mind in the future. What a time to be alive when I can say that and have it be reality, not science fiction. Girls have always said I was cute, handsome, or “like a TV actor”, and I’ve been getting physical affection with girls since the first grade. You may not believe it, but I know it is true. I pulled quite a bit of tail in high school despite being barely 110 lbs. at 6 feet, looking completely emaciated. Girls would say “he’s cute but too skinny” or “you would be the perfect guy if you gained a little weight”. I started lifting, eating, and bulking not for them and their whimsical desires, but for the disdain I had for myself and the change I wanted to see manifested. I’m in college now. I was on the path of computer science like every other guy who browses the internet. I decided to change my major a few months ago (without losing any progress) to English Secondary Education. “But awmace5, there’s no money in teaching,” or “You’re going to hate teaching. All the teachers I know hate their jobs,” and many more that I’m sure you can imagine. I chose this path because I realized when I was staying up late doing a coding project that yielded nothing to me in terms of joy, accomplishment, or wisdom, that my definition of a man is different from most people. My definition includes working to live, not living to work. Obviously this wouldn’t apply to a man who has a family and a mortgage, but alas I am not that man, so I should not judge myself according to his standards. I’ll be a teacher because they work 190 days of the year, have every holiday off, it’s easy which reduces my stress and allows me to do things that are important to me, and I get to be a positive male role model to the students who need one, which is most. Pay is not something that I hold in high regard. I have a budget created that allows me to live very comfortably with $40,000 take home, which is a low estimate compared to what I expect to get.

To wrap this up, now is the greatest time to be alive (for me) because I can have complete confidence in my own birth control while still maintaining my options, can seek a job that offers less pay but more time off to focus on myself through travel and skill building, and can still get women through good looks, muscularity, and a masculine frame. In times past, men would fight wars for the women that are walking around half naked today. Now, with a swipe of my finger or a flash of a smile, I can have that which is so coveted.

Why is now the greatest time to be alive as a man for you?

Lessons Learned:

• Focus on the positives, not what you cannot change.

• Do not mistake happiness for ignorance.

• Do what is best for you in all situations. If you have children or others who rely upon you, you can better provide for them when you are in a positive state of mind.

• Define your definition of perfection in a man, because everybody has their own definition.

• Never act according to someone else’s wishes. Before you do anything that consumes your precious time, consciously acknowledge why you are doing it and who you are doing it for.

• Smile.