Summary: Women don't know what they're attracted to. Girl on OKC sub has fallen head over heels for a "perfect" guy. Then she discovers he avidly follows RedPill advice, and she's confused because she had always told herself that she was more attracted to betas. Turns out the truth is harsher.

Full thread here.

This is a particularly noteworthy example because it plays against all the stereotypes that feminists try to pigeon-hole us with. That we're all sociopathic frat boys. That we beat and rape women. That we don't know how to treat people well.

The truth is, RedPill is not just about getting big muscles and ramming some chick up the cervix. It's about understanding the nature of the world - and that nature contains both alpha and beta traits that you must use in balance if you want a long-term relationship. You can't just go complete caveman and expect a girl to stick around forever. You gotta feed her a little bit of sugar, make her feel protected and safe (which women are programmed to look for in an LTR).

Case in point:

I've been seeing this guy since mid September, and daily since early October. He treats me really well, he's courteous, and he moves fast to fix anything that bothers me. A while ago I told him we were falling into a rut, and the next day he took me on an elaborate, amazing date night.

So two days ago, I was setting up his laptop for Netflix and noticed he had "the red piller's guide to online dating" bookmarked. I won't link in case it generates a notice/brigading, but it's the first hit on google.

I confronted him, and he said the sub said messed up things about women but had good tips on confidence and knowing your worth and "being manly". Which, I guess, aren't bad things, and that particular guide (if you search it up) isn't far from the advice given out on this sub (with added douchiness).

But the fact he's getting those tips from trp still bothers me. It's making me view things he's said in different lights, like scoffing when I said I liked dorky guys more than confident ones or awkward teases that might have been negs. Once he said, "this is going to sound really lame, but you get prettier and prettier every time I see you." I swooned, but he was really embarrassed.

This guy is a smart cookie. He's taking TRP and turning it into a workable frame for him. He's incorporating both alpha and beta traits. And notice the subtle neg at the end. "You get prettier and prettier every time I see you". A beta would have showered a girl with compliments about her looks from day one. But a smart man knows it's okay to tell your LTR that she's a hot piece of ass once in a while, as long as you already have her on the hook. This guy is essentially saying you're pretty hot, and now that you've proven your value to me, I'm willing to compliment you a little more. Makes her feel that she earned his time.

Surprisingly, the comments are level-headed. But OKC subreddit being a hive of bluepilled men and feminists, there's plenty of shit to go around. Here's one for a laugh:

I'm not a woman, but it would probably freak me out. Whether PUAs or bitter PUAs (TRP) I always assume that every single thing they say and do is preplanned, practiced behaviour.

Yeah, because women never preplan and practice their behavior in relationships, huh? It's not like they read magazines to learn how to attract a man... or wear tons of make-up in a deliberate effort to raise their SMV... or talk to their girlfriends about their guy. No sir. Only the evil PUAs do things like that.

TL;DR: First of all, don't fucking tell women that you read TheRedPill. It only leads to a headache. Secondly, women will constantly try to convince themselves that they actually like feminized, beta males (even when they're unwittingly dating a RedPiller who is the opposite of that). The cognitive dissonance is delicious.