Summary: Some golden quotes from "SarahEmCee" after reading a Jezebel article on men's age preferences (20 year olds). I took a look at her post history, and it's post-wall gold.

"Oh I have nothing but contempt for them. It’s a wasteland out there for single 30+ women, unless they’re into men their dads’ age."

"Yes, social capital does decrease with age for women and it decreases especially fast if she’s not married."

"Knowing that my dog and cat need me is what keeps me from offing myself, too, but it’s less of an “I can’t give up!” feeling and more like, “I am trapped.” Once they’re dead I’ll be free to die, too."

"Maybe the kids + husband combo is what causes the drudgery, because as a single person with only a couple single girlfriends left (the majority of the married ones are either parents or expecting babies), my life is far from awesome. Daily life is drudgery and there’s no shoulder to cry on, no partner to share good times with, no safety or security. I missed your original comment so if you are dealing with abuse/neglect then I really do feel for you."

"I’d have said the same thing before I found myself single at 31. In men’s minds, there absolutely IS a wall. Just browse some of their dating profiles to see all the 35 year olds seeking women aged 21-34. By mid-30s, the pool is almost dried up. The men who want partnerships with women got into them by that point and are either married or soon-to-be-married. The only men who want 33 year old woman are users, losers and abusers, OR, as old as my dad. Your words may feel pleasant and comforting to you but in the real world, being a single woman over 30 with even the most basic of standards is like being stuck at the bottom of the bargain bin at the grocery store."

"The downside to increasing my anti-depressant dosage and not crying all the time anymore is that ... I’m not crying at all so the anger, frustration and hopelessness is just boiling inside of me with no release. My life is so fucking stupid and embarrassing. I’m still not able to come to terms with the fact that my love life is over and the next however-many decades are going to be ... like this. It was my birthday a couple weeks ago and now I feel like my fate is sealed, down here at the bottom of the bargain bin. In addition to being terribly lonely and starved for affection I’m ashamed and in disbelief that nearly everyone I know—across the spectrum—has a partner if not a gaggle of children (the latter of which I don’t even want but it’s still like a punch in the gut to be a mere spectator to other people’s joy/happy families)."

"For women, if you don't meet your life partner in your 20s the ship has basically sailed."

Lesson: Some feminist women KNOW that their mentality is life-ruining, yet still continue to swear by it.