Key takeaways

There 2 aspect to any hobby:

- how much you enjoy doing it

- side effects: what it does provide on top: skills, knowledge, it effects on your brain and body.

The smart men do choose their to spend their time doing activities that provides them great joy and helps them toward their mission.

​

Examples:

Video game help with coordination, brain development and IQ, strategy, planning and social skill in some settings but mostly quite moderately.

Netflix help a bit with culture.

Dancing help a lot with coordination, getting in shape, be the king at parties and slaying pussies.

Reading fiction books help with spelling, culture and vocabulary.

Programming grows your brain and logicial thinking a lot and give you a mastering in a valuable carreer path with the prospect of high income but this isn't an activity that will help you with women.

​

If so many there advice against video games it isn't because video games are not entertaining or can't bring great joy. it is because the side effects of video games are detrimental to your body and the benefits for your brain are limited and finally that they are not popular with women.

I would say that programming as an hobby is strictly better than video games for what it does provide you. It grow you brain much more significantly, it help you getting money and have a nice career but like video games it is detrimental for getting pussy.

Dancing is the exact opposite, it help with girls & your body but isn't so great on money and brain.

Doing both look like a great combination.

Of course programming + dancing is just an example, but it would be hard, generally speaking for anybody to say that as hobbies it is better to play video games 20 hours a week rather than combining 10 hours of programming and 10 hours of dancing.

​

I don't say take this or avoid that, but I'd advise you to clearly think and plan on what you spend your time. Try to get balance and try to make it fit your objectives.

Review what are your objectives in life, what capacities and skills you want to acquire and and make that a big factor in how you choose to spend your time, in particular your hobbies.