​

To understand women you have to understand children, and no child looks more like their incorrigible self than in the midst of a crisis.

I.

The firm I'm at frequently has to field clients’ problems. Like many others, we are often fast-balled problems that have nothing to do with our primary service due to the massive ethos we carry when it comes to soothing client-ass-pain. That said, there is a marked difference in the way female accounts staff and male accounts staff approach something they can not understand.

Women who are not in control, and who do not immediately have a senior around who is— lose their fucking mind in a crisis. I’ve seen some men, paido-men (Greek: child, boy, infant,) subject to the same lethal panic, but never the best of them. The best of us are the voice of reason and stoic-principle that rights the sales and un-turns the project's course. Such men are a literal lighthouse. They tower above above the waves of incompetent retardation which swell against their cornerstone before dissolving into spineless anger and irrelevance.

I see these waves daily. The women, the paido-men, they call for aid with the most virulent and unproductive urgency. Non-critical issues get exaggerated and efficiency gets discarded immediately. Their lack of objective context completely incapacitates their miniscule potential for finding a resolution.

In essence they are the child who just lost their balloon. 'This shouldn’t be happening,' thinks the child as the balloon floats up, 'this can not have happened!' as it gets farther..

II.

Crises are an ever-present faculty of life. In the midst of one, a child is self destructive and will remain so until they find an external source of stability that will limit their exposure to life’s inexorable chaos.

That is really what this is all about. Exposure to chaos.

Men find strength within themselves when it is absent in the world. In doing so they create an area around them impervious to the chaos that would engulf us all.

Women and children need this like they need oxygen.

They crave it with such wretched desperation they will give their self and anything they have to be near it for a moment.

III.

Women and children are the first off the ship because that ship is irreversibly fucked if anyone else leaves amidst the crisis.