Wanted to get this comment by u/FieldLine over in asktrp up on the main thread:

On quiet confidence:

"It gets worse before it gets better.

Right now you've stopped seeking external validation via volunteering information about yourself to others. Letting others talk about themselves, you will quickly discover that most other people aren't particularly interesting.... so there isn't much to say at all. Socializing becomes boring; it's not that you're afraid to talk to people, you just don't want to.

[you are here]

Soon you'll realize that not talking to people is even more boring than talking to boring people; the next stage in your "evolution" is talking to people to say whatever you feel like to entertain yourself. That's when it really gets fun, because social outcome independence gives you the ability to step back and objectively gauge how other people respond to particular mannerisms, topics of discussion, etc.

I instantly recognize their overcompensation to seek attention and I feel women sense this. Like you’re trying to impress them and come across try hard.

This is the objectivity I referred to. Accelerate the process by running split tests yourself, put on "fake" personalities to hone in on what people positively respond to.

You're on your way to social mastery."

​

Pretty rich and concise.

Inner game is the foundation of social mastery. Interacting with others becomes amusing. Verbal and non-verbal communication become an art. Read the environment. Calibrate appropriately if need be. Enjoy interacting with people (generally speaking). Watch expressions ever so slightly materialize. Watch how engaged/unengaged people are. Fuck around with them. Pick at their brains. See what they're all about.

​

Further reading: https://www.forums.red/p/TheRedPill/93281/there\_s\_no\_such\_thing\_as\_personality