We recently had our big company conference. An opportunity to ask questions to the company president and the Vice Presidents of the company.

We hae recently had a reshuffle of the social committee, which resulted in the inclusion of a hardcore feminist employee. Imagine the stereotypes and you will be three quarters of the way there. Little Miss Feminist takes any opportunity to sprout her "equality" message.

We reached the question and answer section. Lil miss feminist pipes in with her question.

"What are we doing to reduce the gender pay gap?How much of an impact have we had already?"

My colleague and I looked at each other,trying not to cringe. We prepared for the usual HR drivel.

What ensued was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. A female Vice President gently disproving the gender pay gap in our company.

"The remaining 30% gap comes down to bonus and commission. These are things that are impacted by length of employment and performance."

Shots fired.

She went in depth to the unreliability of comparing different job roles. About the fact there were 10 women in executive positions in the company.

Little miss feminist said not a word. Her little fantasy shattered into a million pieces.