I've never actually known about TRP or its principles and it's my first time on this sub, but looking back on my life throughout my teenage years I naturally applied a crude, intuitive version of it: I was cocky, dominant, got into fights, and was forward with girls. I didn't give a damn about being rejected, and if a girl didn't like me/ lost interest I'd laugh because I had 2-3 other girls already showing me interest. Note: I never tried to be anything, it's just naturally who I was. And I never had any problem picking up girls. I am decently attractive (6'1, relatively in shape) but people would often comment on me getting girls 'out of my league' - I could easily get the hottest girls without effort.

Fast forward to several years later and I'm in my mid-twenties. I met a beautiful girl that I was genuinely intereted in about 6 months ago, and we really hit it off. She always made comments about how she hated the way I was cocky, or that I was very argumentative and never admitted I was wrong. As I started to develop strong feelings for her, I began to get worried about losing her (something I've never felt before with any girl) and became paranoid - what if she met someone better than me at work? She's hot enough to do better, what if she leaves me?

I started to change in an effort to ensure I never lost her - I was always extra sweet to her, always complimenting her every second of the day and just being what I thought was 'the perfect boyfriend' - a complete opposite of the classic asshole I had been all those years.

Last night we had an argument, and it was over something that I genuinely disagreed with, but because I was scared of her getting angry and leaving I apologised to her and said she was right. What she replied genuinely blew my mind:

"I fell for you because you were a cocky asshole that all the girls wanted, and it amazes me how you find new ways to be more fragile every day"

All the time at the start when she acted like she hated the way I was, the way I didn't care about anything or didn't hesitate to stand up for myself without fearing consequence, deep down it's the very thing that had her so attracted to me!

I swear, I'm going back to my old ways. Fuck this shit. I don't know if I have a chance to salvage this and change her image of me again but I'm not changing for her. I realize now that no matter what women say, they want the exact opposite of everything they claim. TRP theories are all real boys.

TLDR:
-confident asshole, got girls easily all the time.

-met girlfriend, fell in love, started to get nervous and insecure about losing her.

-actively changed to become 'the perfect boyfriend' and be soppy/cute/caring 24/7.

-girlfriend literally tells me she liked me better before and thinks I'm fragile now