Summary: Reminder: women don’t like making decisions.

​

Body:

I want to share an interaction I recently had with my LTR. She came over to my place to spend the night and she wanted to wear one of my sweaters. I opened my closet and pointed at the sweaters. She asked “which one should I wear?”. I said “I don’t know they’re all good, take your pick” and went to the living room to put something on the TV.

She came out a couple of minutes later, wearing a sweater she picked, and looking sad. Then she dropped this bomb “you understand women so well but you seem to have forgotten that we don’t like to make decisions”. Oh shit.

Then it started coming back to me. Over the past few weeks I’ve been busy with major projects at work and have been slacking. Earlier that day she had texted “what should I bring for dinner?” and I said something along the lines of “whatever you want”. I haven’t been leading the relationship, setting plans, etc. Mind you these were all decisions that I consider simple and thought maybe she can handle them for while. Nope. I’ve been putting the burden on her and picking the sweater was the straw that broke the camel’s back. What I should have said when she texted about dinner is “bring xyz” and when she asked what sweater she should wear I should have picked literally any sweater for her. It wouldn’t have mattered what food we ate or what sweater she wore, just making those extremely difficult decisions would have made the little child happy.

​

Lessons learned: Do her and yourself a favor and make her goddamn decisions.